Thursday, August 2, 2007

Daddy's Back in Town!


Jason arrived late this afternoon...just in time for all of us to walk in with John Madden. It was pretty cool. No, we're not asking for autographs. However, we did buy a football today just in case they offer...it would be neat to have for Isaac when he gets older.

We were hoping to hold Isaac tonight, but, no. Honestly, it's very frustrating. That's all I have to say about that. My grandma asked about Isaac's weight. He now weighs 2 pounds 1 ounce. He had a bit of a jump in his weight that isn't necessary good, but so far hasn't been an issue. At this point, he should be gaining, on average, a little less than an ounce per day. He still continues to get vitamins and fats but he hasn't had formula for a few days due to his heart problem. For my own sanity, I really hope we can hold him tomorrow.

We decided to take Hannah to Pizza Hut tonight for dinner. She loves pizza and we haven't had it since we arrived here. We ordered half pepperoni for Jason and half supreme for Hannah and I. I thought I'd be able to trick her into eating some vegetables...no luck. She's rejecting fruit now, too. In her mind, the four major food groups are pizza, hot dogs, nuggets and french fries. I'm not giving up, though!

We received a few care packages today. It was wonderful!!! I love to get mail! Most of it is for Hannah, but it's still fun for me to open, too. Her toy drawer is now overflowing! Thank you all very much.

We love hearing from all of you. Your comments and emails are very encouraging. We appreciate your prayers and support.

Did I mention that I'm a little frustrated? It's inhibiting my writing juices. Jason and I are going to watch some TV. Thank you so very much for praying for us. Right now, we need it.

Much love and appreciation.

7 comments:

Hummel Family said...

Is there anything that I can do for you? We live about 40 minutes away...so please let me know what you need. Holly called me last week and I hope so much my brother-n-law was able to help you with hotels. Are you allowed to stay in his room at the hospital? It was hard for us to do that since Maylee was at a different hospital and our 3 yr old at home.

We know what this feels like. To think we were going through this 10 months ago.

Please email me, I'd love to helo you.

JoEllen Hummel
bjchummel@yahoo.com

Hummel Family said...

Okay, I just read that you are paying $140 a night! WHAT??? We need to figure something else out here. My bro-n-law can find something so much cheaper. He does it all online. I thought for sure he got ahold of you.

EMAIL ME, only if you get spare time.

JoEllen

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweeties, sorry it has taken me so long to write. Life is crazy around here. Anyhow, I am almost speechlees when I read through your blog. You are both amazing!!!!I know that God is giving you special grace right now. I am sooo excited for you both, Hannah and Isaac. We will be praying for all of you!!!! Love you all

Anonymous said...

Hannah looks so spoiled! Haha. Your going to have a lot of stuff to bring home :) -Sherry

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

i got your link from a friend of mine. I just gave birth (july 11) to a 25wk4day baby girl,so my baby is very similar to yours! id love to talk sometime if you'd like to talk to someone with a similar situation. my email is betsyjtimbie@gmail.com

Gene and Annie said...

I found your website through the Buck Family blog and I am so glad I did!! I will definitely be keeping you and your precious family in my prayers! I pray that you will get to hold him soon!! Blessing today from the Luidhardt Family!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Needless to say this Gram and Papa is encouraged to hear that Isaac has gained a little it is great news as it shows that the Lord is working in his precious life.

Hi to Jason,Hannah and Isaac to!! Of course we are praying for all of you as you all need all of the support that you can get. Needless to say from your blog you are getting it and we as grandparents and greatgrandparents want to thank all of them that have taken the time to pray for your family and be there for you.Love Gram,PaPa