Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fall has arrived

It was a cool, windy day. I loved it! I wore jeans and a sweatshirt and it was like heaven. Hannah and I ran some errands today and then had a tea party and played with her dollhouse and played bowling. It was fun. After dinner, we all went for a walk to a local, family-owned market, Kingma's, a few blocks away. Hannah got a cookie, Jason got some lemon drops and I got some coffee. Cali (our dog) just enjoyed the walk. It was fun to do something we would normally do together and get some fresh air.

Since I keep forgetting, I'm going to mention that I registered at Target. (Please know I am not assuming you're all going to run out and buy us things! Some family members have been asking and this is how I'm communicating to everyone.) You can find our registry online at www.target.com or at a kiosk in the store. We are registered under "Tiffany Evans" in the state of "Michigan." And, just in case a couple things don't make sense, I did pick a couple things for Hannah--some slippers and I can't remember the other thing. That's that!

Isaac underwent some tests today that we should have results from tomorrow. His doctor called today and said he would probably be making a determination tomorrow whether or not Isaac would be transferred to Cleveland for further evaluation or surgery. This is absolutely FRUSTRATING to wait for answers. And, I worked on Medicaid stuff today and it's all a big, fat mess. Think of 30 balls of yarn, all the same color, in a tangled mess and it's your job to untangle the massive mess. This is Medicaid and SSI and adoption. I want to punch someone in the face. Thankfully, we have a few people working on getting us connected to some individuals who can give us answers.

On another note, for those of you who lost loved ones on September 11th, my prayers were with you today.

That's it. More tomorrow. I'll let you know what I know when I know it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad I am not standing in front of you when you are ready to let go!! I laughed, but I am familiar with all that nasty paperwork and it is so very confusing, frustrating and time consuming. Glad you guys were able to enjoy such a normal "fall" day. Unlike you I am not so looking forward to fall, only because that means winter is right tight behind. You know what I think of that!! But I do love fall and have to admit it. I have already read your post about Isaac's transfer to Cleveland. I guess that is the furthest that the Doc's were willing to move him??? Just remember, I am here for you, call if you need anything, I will do my best to help. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Love Mom and Nana