Friday, September 28, 2007

Thank Goodness it's Friday!



Hannah had another early morning--6:30. sleep has been a constant struggle for her yet she still manages to have pretty good days. I think when this is all over, she's going to sleep for like 2 weeks straight.

We visited Isaac this morning. Since the activity room doesn't open until 10am, I stayed with Hannah while Jason got to sit in on rounds with Isaac's care team. It's interesting to hear them strategizing about his care. Once I dropped Hannah off, I joined Jason in time for our supervision meeting with our Ohio adoption agency social worker. When adopting, every family must be supervised for a set period of time. In our case, 6 months, and it started on August 31st(our date of temporary placement). Isaac's adoption will be finalized after this supervision period. Therefore, his finalization hearing should happen sometime in March.

Isaac is about the same. He'll be on his antibiotics for his NEC for about 14 days and then the'll do a work-up on him to ensure the NEC is gone and try to slowly begin feeding him again. So, it's a waiting game for the next 2 weeks. Everyday we get to see him and hold him and kiss him is a blessing. I just adore seeing him smile. I can't get enough! I told the nurse yesterday I just with I could lay on a bed with him and hold him close and kiss his little face.

Jason is officially laid off on Monday due to Michigan's budget crisis. He'll likely return to work Tuesday. This is sooo ridiculous. We'll take the family time, though!

Love to all and to all a good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good evening, Well it is past my bed time but I keep wanting to play catch up with you "all".

First of all your "MOM"s computer is down as of tonight. She called wanting to know what was going on. AT the time she called there was nothing new.

I am glad to hear Isaac is still doing good. In spite of all that is going on it is still "good".
Sorry to hear about Jason's lay off but it sounds like they "might" get something done tonight. We pray that "Hannah" settles down and starts going down for you and makes it easier for you and Jason.

Life is hectic here right now but we know with the Lord's blessing everything will work out "great".

Well I am going to go to bed and watch a little t.v. and PTL go to sleep. I think Papa is asleep now.

Lots of Love, Gram

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

OK- I officially LOVE your grandma. What a lady! SO glad to see pics of Isaac up again. I hate not being able to check the blog everyday and see his little face. The picture of him and Jason is to adorable. I think he looks like Hannah- CRAZY!!!!! Keep your chin up chicky!