Monday, October 22, 2007


Not much to report today. I missed rounds this morning because the activity room opened late. Isaac is scheduled to get his biopsy done sometime tomorrow--we should have preliminary results back within a few days. He has his mobile on his crib--I'll try to get a pic tomorrow. I'll be interested to hear if begins to show interest in it.

Hannah and I had a normal day. I got the laundry done which was nice. I don't buy Tide (not in our budget) but they have it here. It smells so good!

Jason left around 5:15 this morning and within a few minutes a baby starting crying down the hall and it went on for like an hour. I wondered if the kid needed a bottle or something...I was about to go get it myself...

Jason's home, now, and needs me to go grocery shopping again! The poor guy doesn't have any fresh food. I usually shop for him when I go home but when it's been awhile, he has to go back to canned/frozen food. We both miss fresh meals (and the favorite ones that we're used to) and dinner time at the table--he really hates being home alone. I don't blame him. Once we have a better idea which direction Isaac is headed, we'll make plans for Hannah and I to go home again.

We received more packages and cards in the mail today. Wow! I just love it! It's so cool to see where things are coming from--so far only two of the packages/cards have been from people we know--almost everything has been from people we've never met! It really is such a blessing, you guys. Someone sent something for Hannah to unwrap herself--she loved that! She's having a great time with the stickers and other things you've sent. I wish it could be like this everyday! (I'm sure everyone does, though!) It is a true blessing to be thought of by so many people. It gives us a little break from our routine to open new things and read about your lives. I really do love it.

Hannah is almost asleep and I'm itching to work on some Three Voices stuff. I'd like to get this organization up and running. BTW, if anyone has any questions about adoption, or about anything for that matter, please don't hesitate to email me: evanstm@msualum.com I love to make time to answer your questions. Again, another break in the routine and an opportunity to help others--is there anything better?!

Much love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A smart guy like Jason can't grocery shop? My husband (professor, author, businessman) goes regularly; he gets peanut butter, chips, pretzels - all of the essentials. My genius son-in-law (college administrator) is the same way. Is this genetic? How about laundry? Mine can take the washer apart and put it back together with one hand tied behind his back, but he can't figure out how to turn it on. I don't know how they survive.

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon,
It sounds like you are doing somewhat better yourself. That is great!! Now if they can get "little bit" eating again things should start looking up for all of you. Things here are going okay. I had a IV this morning for osteoporosis (?) then we did a little shopping which tires both of us "youngsters" out.
Keep on keeping on, Christ's Love and Ours. Gram and Papa.

Anonymous said...

Guys will not take the time...At least mine won't. He would rather get it over with IF he has to do it. So he resorts to pizza.

Lots of love to all of you, and I hope that today turned out positive for baby Isaac. I know it will take time for the results.

Give kisses and hugs for me. Love Mom (Nana)