Saturday, October 20, 2007






What a day! Jason took Hannah this morning around 9:30 and I headed to the hospital. It was going to be a short visit so I could have some time alone but Isaac decided to scare us all nearly to death. His nurse was suctioning him when all of a sudden he decided to stop breathing and drop his heart rate to 54. Um, ok, this is nearly chest compression time, buddy buddy. So, I stayed for awhile after that--to make sure he was going to be all right. After he had settled down and was breathing again, I headed to the mall. Nice mom, huh? Near death and then head to the mall. Coping mechanism. Still need time to myself, too. Anyway, got a few unimportant things--small candles for this winter, should I ever return home...hand soap--a little treat for our home-away-from-home...candies for Jason...and of course, a stop off at Target just for a little look-see. I ended up getting a flu shot while I was there--I figured it would be near impossible to get into my doc next time I'm home, so, now I just have to get Hannah's and we'll be all set!

I returned to the RMDH around 3ish to quickly load up the car with our friends from Ecuador and we all headed to the Ringling Brothers Circus--free tickets from RMDH donors. My friends had never seen a circus like this and they were thrilled! Hannah loved it, too! We all had a great time and hit up McDonald's on the way back for dinner (no food here tonight).

About the MSU game, well, Jason's happy that it was a close game. Hopefully next week against Iowa brings in another win.

Nighty night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a day you had!!!! Needless to say Isaac seems to keep everyone on their toes and keep life exciting!!
We are all hitting the sack, 10 pm. Uncle Bill has been doing some things around here today to help Papa out. Aunt Bev brought up a "huge" bowl of SOUP and we had that for dinner tonight. It was great. We have enough left for a month for Papa and I. We will freeze it.

Good night for now, Lots of Love, Gram and Papa
It has been a great visit as we had not seen each other for some time not. The circus looks interesting for the kids and the mothers. That is great that you and Jason have taken the time to be a part of your friends and their childrens lives.

Anonymous said...

Geez, stop scaring me. How is Isaac doing then? Okay? I was shocked.
Don't do that to me.

But I am glad you guys had a fun time at the circus. We have a really good one here as well. Roncalli. there are only artists and no animals but they ususally have a life band. Thought I'd mention that.

Anyway. Kepp up the faith, kay? And don't scare me like that.

Love ya,
Maxi

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Looks like next weekend is gonna happen!!!! Just a couple of loose ends to tie up for Jay, and I'm outta here on Friday! It'll be a quick visit, but hey, better than nothing, right? I love you guys- give that little man a big kiss from his Aunt Holly.