Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Horray!!

I just got the call from our OH agency that our ICPC paperwork has been approved. This means Isaac is cleared to come to MI. We also scheduled an appointment for Friday to sign our temporary placement paperwork. This means he can come home with us (when he's ready). Our finalization will occur in late February/early March. We'll have to return to OH to finalize his adoption at that time. After finalization, he's legally ours forever. I feel like we just turned a major corner and that's fantastic!!!! We were also informed that we can begin posting Isaac's pics again. I left our camera with his nurses so I will post his newest pics when I return (sometime tomorrow).

Papa (Jason's dad) came over today to spend time with Hannah. She just adores her Papa and of course had a wonderful time. They went for a walk in the wagon and played with her toys. Papa read her a book and put her down for a nap. I was able to get some errands taken care of without the help of my darling two-year old and that was nice.

Tonight, some friends from church are coming over to help Jason with the floor and I'm going out with the ladies (from church).

Right now, Hannah is Swiffering. She loves it. If only she would love it in 10 years.

Isaac is doing great! If he continues to tolerate his feedings, they will remove his IV "foods" tomorrow. This is a big deal. Thank you for praying for our little boy.

Well, I need to pick up the house. I'll be leaving late tonight or tomorrow. I'll be home for 2 short weekend trips in September and then will not return until Isaac comes home. I think I have a love/hate relationship with this 5.5 hour drive. I'm pretty sure Hannah's is more hate than love.

I'll be blogging from OH tomorrow. See you then!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your smile is coming thru your post! It's great to hear your good news and hope that God will continue to bless you in these positive ways. My family and I will continue to pray for you all.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Tiff that's great *squeals* I am so happy Isaac is doing great and your are all fine as well. This is jsut awesome news. I'll tell my mom tomorrw morning. Right now it's 11pm and I should go to bed. lots to do tomorrow :)

Love, Maxi

Amy L said...

Congratulations!! Glad to hear Isaac is doing well. I will continue to pray for your family.

Amy in Indiana

Michele Nolte said...

Our Prayers will continue for Little Issac to get strong enough to bne able to be home with Mom, Dad, and Sister soon. We are so Happy for the wonderful news. Mya God give you safe journys tomorrow and when you return each time.
In Christ Love, The Nolte family

Unknown said...

What wonderful news! Just think about the story you will have to tell Isaac in a few years about how he came into the world and became yours. He surely will know how much he is loved. It is also very exciting to think about the plan God has for him. Who knows - hmmmm -- President of the United States???!!! Lovingly, Terri
(PS: I agree with Laurie that your big beautiful smile came thru in your post!)

Anonymous said...

Hey ya all, Thanks for all of the good news!! Issac is doing great!! We keep praying for no set backs and it seems to be working. Needless to say we are so thankful for all of the help on the house we know that you feel the same way.

Needless to say you both have helped others over the past few years and it is your turn. PRAISE THE LORD FOR THAT.
What you have done for others will be repaid according to the "WORD" KEEP THAT IN MIND!!

We are so glad that Papa Jim is having so much fun with Hannah. We could be jealous but we are not. Needless to say it is wonderful. We also pray that Jim is comforted with all of our prayers for him over his lose of your mother Jason.

Nothing new going on around here. Just a couple more doctor appt's but it is normal.

Hey, Maxi congrat's on the teaching position in Germany from Grandma and Grandpa Varvel!!!

Lots of Love, Gram and Papa "V"

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Tiffany I know how much having this part of the process done means to you. Praise God for all He is giving and doing in your life and for your growing family:)
Safe travels for you and Hannah.
Prayers and blessings,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

GREAT NEWS TIFFANY.I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU, JASON, AND HANNAH. STOP IN TO SEE ME AT THE HOTEL. I WORK 3-11PM ALL WEEKEND. TAKE CARE! SEE YA!

3S said...

I've been following your story since it was in the Repository a few weeks ago. I enjoy reading your updates and am excited about your recent news today!
I know you are coming to Ohio again this week. Please let me know if I can help in any way! I'd be happy to if I can!
My class blog where you can reach me!:
www.missthurin.blogspot.com

Hummel Family said...

YAY for you guys! So glad things are being finalized! How exciting.

I am sad though, we didn't get to meet up. Maylee came home today (Tuesday)..earlier than we thought! Maybe we can work something out. I'd love to meet Issac! and you (of course!) We have a follow-up apt nextweek...maybe you'll still be around (?)

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

What great news!!! God works in mysterious ways... especially where ICPC is concerned. How awesome that you got approved already! Yippee!!!!!!!!

Ohio's finalization takes place after 6 months but sometimes it's longer if you have paperwork delays (we had birthfather troubles... just trying to get his signature but we're heading to court 9/17 for Boy3 and he'll be forever ours).

Katie Miller
eteacher99@Yahoo.com