Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Romans 8:28

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

This was the verse that came to me this afternoon while processing today's events. There are many things I cannot share about our journey because it involves other individuals and entities whose confidentiality, at this point, needs to be maintained. And, let's be honest, "politics" are alive and well in most places--not just our government. This is fairly normal in the adoption process, but no less frustrating.

So, this verse came to me in the midst of my crazy day, and I just kept repeating it to myself. In the notes at the bottom of the page in my Bible, in reference to this verse, it says: (In the life of a believer) God works in "all things"--not just isolated incidents--for our good. This does not mean that all that happens to us is good. Evil is prevalent in our fallen world, but God is able to turn every circumstance around for our long-range good. Note that God is not working to make us happy, but to fulfill his purpose. I'll tell you, I was not happy today. But as I reflected on this verse, I kept thinking that God would use today's circumstances, somehow, someway, to make me a better follower of Him. Right off the bat I could start with more patience and less anger. But that's no fun. JK.

One more thing on this topic. I mentioned in an earlier post that Jason and I have begun a non-profit, Three Voices. Our organization has been designed to ADVOCATE for members of the adoption triad (birth families, adopted persons and adoptive families) which is exactly what we need right now. There are few, if any, organizations that actively advocate for triad members. There are support groups and then attorneys and agencies who facilitate adoptions, but no one (that we can find for domestic adoption, anyway) who solely advocates for triad members. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, this organization is what God created me to do. No question. You will definitely be hearing more about Three Voices in the future.

Enough of that. Isaac has a strain of pneumonia. He is receiving antibiotics. Quoting his nurse today, he is "definitely critical." The Infectious Diseases doc stopped by while I was there today and gave me the impression his antibiotics should work. So, I'm hoping he goes from "definitely critical" to better, soon. Little buddy. I just want him to GET BETTER! However, they keep reminding me that all of this stuff is par for the course. He is just not meant to be in our world, yet. Poor little buddy. Please continue to pray that God would heal him and grow his little body. Especially his lungs.

Hannah and I went for a short walk this evening. It was nice. The couple we are staying with have a dog so we took him, too. Hannah pushed her dolly in the stroller and I walked the dog. It was almost normal.

Jason will be here Friday night...I'm so excited!!!

Lovin' the comments! Keep it up!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have looked all over trying to find the three voices website. I can't seem to find it. Please post the URL next time you bolg :)
Vacation bible school is going great this week. We broke an attendance record today and 8 kids came to know Jesus!!! -Sherry

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Was in your shoes just last year when I gave birth to 24-week twins. They are doing wonderfully, so have hope! My kids were at Akron Children's in Akron, OH for 91 very tough days - but hang in there and take it one day at a time. It will be a roller coaster ride and a long road, but so well worth it. I only linked to your blog through a fellow blogger's friend's site, so just know that even complete strangers are praying for you! :)
Chantel in Wooster, OH

Anonymous said...

I know that there are good reasons not to share everything in your posts; you do share very openly, but the hints make me very curious to hear the whole story. Your blog has been so inspirational. I hope you are saving your notes, emails, etc., and any private journals that you and Jason may be keeping. Together with the blog and the comments of others, someday when your life is less crazy I hope you will be called to write a book to reach out to others, and possibly to help your cause!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
you're doing just fine over there. Don't worry. It will all work out. Just yesterday I read a story about this little boy. His mother wanted an abortion and so the doctors did the operation (the boy was a little over 6 1/2 old then). So when they got him out he reached out his little hand and grabbed the doctors finger. The woman decided to keep him because she saw his will to survive.

Always remember that. And tell Isaac from his "big sister" to hang in there. I wanna meet him some day.

Love, Maxi

Anonymous said...

Good morning to our wonderful family, Jason, Tiff, Hannah and Isaac. I am sorry to hear that Isaac has pneumonia. I pray that Jesus will make the meds effective and this setback passes in a couple of days. I am glad to hear that you are doing some of your normal things, taking Hannah and the dog for a walk. I "think" a decendant of my grandfathers sister e-mailed me. A SMITH. I am so anxious to hear back from her and hoping she might have a picture. I have been checking for years on this and WOW how exciting.
Will keep you posted.
Lots of Love, Gram and Papa