Monday, August 6, 2007

Settling In (again)

Hannah and I said goodbye to our hotel family this morning. I promised we would be back to visit at least once a week.

We stopped by the hospital to check in on Isaac. Our prayers have been answered! He no longer has a PDA. Unless it re-opens, which is not out of the question, he does not need surgery. He is still on the oscillator and having breathing difficulties, but it will just take time for his lungs to continue to form and grow.

After our morning visit, we drove to our new Ohio home. We unloaded what seemed to be an unending amount of stuff and began the unpacking process. Hannah got to play with a ton of "new" toys while I made phone calls and organized paperwork.

We also got some groceries today, visited Isaac again and spent some time talking and laughing with our newfound family.

It feels good to be in a house, but I also feel sad. It makes me miss home a lot more. In the hotel, I just felt like I was on a perpetual vacation. Now, I miss my dog and cat and especially my neighbors. I do my best to take it one day at a time, but sometimes the reality of all of this hits me and I feel like crawling into a dark cave until someone comes to carry me out.

I love to read your comments and emails. I really love it. It makes me feel connected. It makes me feel supported. It makes me feel cared for. This might take awhile, so keep those comments coming. And hey, don't worry about what you "sound" like online, how do you think I feel? I have to be very careful not to offend anyone. And if you know me, you know that that's virtually impossible for me!!!!!

Jason called the hospital tonight to check on Isaac so I have to give him a call and get the latest. BTW, I'll try to get some pics, again. I've been a slacker, huh?

Night, night. Sleep tight. Snug as a bug.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiffany I MISS seeing you at the hotel.Hope your first day went well.I hope to see you and Hannah this week before I Leave for vacation. SO GLAD the baby will not need surgery. Stay in touch.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany, I got your nice card today. Are you superwoman? Where do you find the time :) I'm glad all the prayers are working for Issac. How wonderful that you got a place to stay now. All this will be great to look back on and tell Issac about when he grows up even though its rough now. We are being shown to 2 women this week! I will keep you posted on all that happens with us. God bless -Sherry

Anonymous said...

Wow Tiff,

I don't know how you manage it all. I am sure Cali and Coopi miss you a lot as well.

The days here are awesome. Sun is shining all day long. My friends and I spend a lot of time together. Yesterday we had a girls' night and it was so much fun.

My sister is moving out in about a week and a half so we are very busy.

Anyway. I love to hear form you
xoxo Maxi

Anonymous said...

Good morning to all of you, I am so pleased that Isaac does not need surgury. Our prayers are being answered. Thanks for the card we so appreciate and love you to. No< no fly swatter!!!! Papa is doing good with his eye, he has floaters in it right now but I am sure that is normal as they asked him at his last appointment if he had them and at that time he did not. He goes in again tomorrow for another check up. It sounds like you are settling in. God Bless the family you are with.
Lots of Love, Gram and PaPa.

Katie said...

How wonderful that Isaac doesn't need surgery now! Hope he continues to do well and grow. Maybe we'll see you at The Preemie Parent Connection meeting tomorrow night at Aultman.
Katie Barber- a fellow preemie mommy

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiff,

I sure do miss just walking across the street and seeing you...but I also know how much you love adventures, and you sure are on one!!....I move out on Monday, but as soon as all of you are back safe and sound I will be over :) I love the updates, and look forward to seeing you soon! Keep it up!!
Colleen

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

We're glad the little guy doesn't need surgery. Hopefully he'll grow quickly (they usually do about now).

My boys would be up for a trip to Chuck E. Cheese (near Belden Village, right off 77) if you and Hannah need entertainment.

Also, the library and YMCA in North Canton are supposed to VERY good and lots of fun; perhaps those places could offer diversion from your daily routines.

Katie Miller (mom to silly boys, ages, 4, 2, and 9months)
eteacher99@Yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

You are allowed to go into the cave once in a while, but I am here to come in and join you and hold you and we will continue to walk out (or crawl if necessary)together. All of these people will be holding our hands. My never-ending gratitude to your new family. What the heck, your "family is huge", but there is always room for more. Love Mom (Nana)

m.e. said...

Hi from GR. A big praise that Issaac did not need surgery! Continuing to pray for you and check in. Hope that having the home to stay in provides some normalcy for you. Hey even cooking a meal might seem fun after too much fast food probably :) Sounds like Hannah is doing very well with all the changes though. She's such a sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Praying for your entire family...especially little Isaac. What a fighter he is! My twins, Callen and Coleman were 27 weekers, they were in the hospital for 5 months. I loved being at the hospital with them...like your own private, and safe island. I am every day amazed at how Our Lord protected and provided for our entire family during the last year. He will always be there guiding you through it all. Congrats on your newest bundle of joy. You are all in my prayers.

Jessica Wilson
www.babyjellybeans.com

Anonymous said...

I know today was a difficult day and I am sorry about that. I wish I could be down there with you all the time. You have to deal not only with the stress of a preemie, but also the stress of being 300 miles away from home and going through the adoption process. You are doing a great job.

I love you,
Jason

Anonymous said...

So many people are praying for Isaac and thinking of how hard this is for Tiffany; the strength and devotion, the daily stresses, being away from home. But it strikes me how tough this must be for Jason, unable to be there all the time, needing to carry on with his daily responsibilities, and going home to an empty house without Hannah's smiling hugs to buoy him up. There is more than one of God's children showing us how heroes act. Jason needs our specific prayers, too - Another Dad's mother.