Sunday, August 5, 2007

Wake Up Call

Jason's got a wake up call for 5:15am. Ouch. He'll drive directly to work tomorrow. It's so nice to have the weekends together. I hate that he has to go, but I'm very happy that he has the opportunity to keep coming back.

Tonight is our last night at the McKinley Grand Hotel. It is bittersweet. We've come to know most of the staff here and just love them. Hannah asks for our same server every morning for breakfast. One of the ladies is trying to set up a fundraiser for us. We have loved every minute of our stay here. We're leaving because we'll now be staying at the home of a couple right here in Canton--only minutes from the hospital. They read about us in the paper and immediately called and left a message for us at the hotel. We went to their house for dinner this evening and had a wonderful time. I think we all realized very quickly that God had carefully orchestrated our meeting. We'll have our own room and bathroom. And, having 7 grandchildren, they have a lower level full of toys. Hannah was hugging them by the time we left. By the way, two of their grandchildren raised $40 for us by taking a collection in their neighborhood. We were touched by their big hearts. We will be staying with them until we return to MI.

Through all of this, we have been greatly blessed.

It's a huge transition to go from our life outside the hospital, to the NICU. Everytime I see Isaac I remember that all of this, is for him. I usually feel sad when I leave the hospital because I'm trying to love my new son, but not able to do much of anything. I want to be able to hold him and love him. I feel like all I do is try to figure out where to be and what to do, just to see my son a few minutes a day. Several have suggested that I make a trip home and take a break. At this point, I can't do that. I would feel like I was abandoning him. I want to be here. As long as the three of us can tough it out, we're going to keep up our vigil over Isaac. I KNOW he is in God's care. I have to trust that God knows what He's doing.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany!
I should be asleep like Jeff and Violet, but I finally got the link to your blog and wanted to see how you're all doing. We have been praying for you all and Isaac. You are being very brave, I remember when Violet was in the NICU (for only 1.5 wks) -- I don't think I was as brave as you. I am so glad you have found "family" in Canton! It sounds like you are living/ witnessing God's faithfulness in amazing ways and Isaac/your story is an inspiration to others re: God's goodness. Praise God! We miss you and can't wait until ALL of you can come home to your Greenhouse family.
God's Girl, Christine =D

Crissie said...

I am so glad you guys are finding so much support as people learn about this amazing story. i cannot stop praying for strength for this little guy. i don't know you but just feel called to pray. Blessings on your family.

crissie talley

Anonymous said...

Tiff!

"Stangely enough, it all turns out well."
"How?"
"I don't know. It's a mystery."

I just had to quote that to you. Because everything...ALWAYS...is for something bigger. You'll see. You are doing great hanging in there.

Much love (and hugs)
Maxi

Anonymous said...

Tiff, Jason, Hannah & Isaac,
I just wanted to drop a short note to let you know we are praying for you & your family. It is wonderful news that you have found a family to stay with, God bless them & you! If there is anything that we can do, please let us know.

Love,
Kristina & Andy

Anonymous said...

Tiff, Jason, Hannah & Isaac,
I just wanted to drop a short note to let you know we are praying for you & your family. It is wonderful news that you have found a family to stay with, God bless them & you! If there is anything that we can do, please let us know.

Love,
Kristina & Andy

Anonymous said...

Tiff, Jason, Hannah & Isaac,
I just wanted to drop a short note to let you know we are praying for you & your family. It is wonderful news that you have found a family to stay with, God bless them & you! If there is anything that we can do, please let us know.

Love,
Kristina & Andy

Anonymous said...

Sorry for all the comments...I didn't think they posted:) Oops!

Family Brooks said...

Tiffany, I met you once when I came to your house to write Thank You's on a Thursday night. Jason asked for prayer for your family last night and you've been in our thoughts and prayers ever since. We pray God's protection over baby Isaac and your family. We pray for strength for you and your family as you await Isaac's commute home to Grand Rapids!

Anonymous said...

Still say a little prayer everyday as I pass Aultman.
R

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie' I am so glad to hear that you are moving on to a private residence even though the hotel has been so very good to you. Home cooked meals and a yard to play in sounds very nice. My thanks to everyone at the hotel for their kindness and support. (I am sure alot of the same will still be coming your way from each and every one of them.) And while I'm at it, my thanks to each and every person who have logged on, said a prayer, posted a comment,met you on the street and have been kind, etc. etc.!! Our family's gratitude is extended to you all. Now to Tiff, Jason, Hannah and Isaac OOOXXX and love to you all. Mom and (Nana)

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiff, Jason, Hannah and Isaac, this is from your favorite Gram and Papa. So many "thanks" to all that have responded to your blog and the article in the paper that they were so gracious to do. So many "thanks" to the family that is taking you in. Our prayers and thanks go to them. Needless to say we are here in MI and you keeping us posted is so important to us and all of those that love and support you. We do not need to tell you to keep the faith of Jesus Christ as you well know this!! Also keep the spirit of fear away, rebuke it. Isaac is in the hands of "JESUS" and that is the perfect place for him to be.

Just remember to Plead the blood of Jesus over him every day. Watch and see what the Lord will do as I have said before.

Christ's Love and Ours,

Gram and PaPa

Anonymous said...

hey tiff, it's michelle from down the street in MI. Have you looked into Wings of Mercy??? they are a nonprofit group that does medical transfers by airplane. it might be woth it for when you are ready to come home. Kelsey street is praying for you and your family, we al check the blog everyday to get updates. Much love, michelle

M. Akamau said...

Hi Tiffany,
I'm Michele, a member of Born in Our Hearts Adoption Ministry, and I just want you to know that we are praying for all of you! We are trusting God will work powerfully in your situation. Thanks for the blog posts that keep up updated on what's going on.

God's grace,
Michele McClendon

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany: I had a chance to catch up on your life today. I am so thankful for God's work in your day-to-day lives down there -He is truly amazing! Sounds like Hannah is totally enjoying her adventure. We are constantly keeping you guys in our prayers, and can't wait for you to come home! Madi has added Hannah to her list of imaginary friends, and "plays" with her all the time! :) Love you lots, Rachel