Friday, September 14, 2007

For some reason...

...everyone seems to think our little girl is a little boy! Listen, folks, I got tired of pink! Hannah still has some pink and purple, but I enjoy dressing her in all kinds of colors. Today she has on a light green shirt,jeans and pink and green shoes and someone thought she was a boy. Argh!

We are desperate for child care for Hannah. I took her up to the hospital today and she lasted about 15 minutes. She's just too young and full of energy to be there--I totally understand that! Unfortunately, the only for sure thing I can find is KinderCare, which is great, but for 4 mornings a week it's $160. Ouch. I've tried every avenue I can find (not much). If something doesn't pan out by Monday, we're going with KinderCare.

Isaac is stable. His biggest problem is his low platelet count. There is still a chance he has a bit of infection, which would explain the problem. If not, it's most likely something much more complicated and will take quite a while to diagnose. He seems to be taking his feedings well--about a teaspoon every 3 hours. I held him for a short time today and he was fussy! Hannah kept saying, "It's ok, Isaac, it's ok." What a little sweetie.

It's Friday, and we're usually looking forward to Jason arriving. Hannah and I will probably do laundry later today and play outside. She's napping, now, so I better get some more things done!

Later!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

It sounds like your patience is running out!! Sorry to hear that! I pray that The Lord will Bless you with some of HIS patience. Trying to be two places at one time is not easy especially with a two year old. I would imagine that you have checked about day care at the hospital already. Wish we could help but that is out of the question other than pray.

Lots of Hugs/Love Gram

Rebecca said...

I can't believe anyone could mistake Hannah for a little boy!!
I can't check your blog at work so consequently I haven't been on for a bit. Matthew enjoyed the pictures of Isaac because we have been praying together for all of you. Gods grace is so obvious in your lives. What an incredible testimony!

Love you all/Rebecca

Amy Noel said...

Glad to hear that the transfer to Cleveland went well and that Isaac seems to be doing better. And Hannah does NOT look like a boy. I have had people ask if Silas is a girl, and I NEVER dress him in anything but boy colors. Go figure! I thought that Bryan's cousin might be able to help you out with childcare--until I found out she lives in Cincinnati, not Cleveland! I guess I don't know my Ohio geography very well--and all those cities that start with C gets a little crazy. No wonder we grew up hearing all those Ohio jokes :). (Well, at least I did, because in my family we were--and still are despite the disappointing season so far--U of Mich fans!) Hope that you are settling in well to the Ronald McD house. I always heard great things about the one in Minneapolis. I also pray that you'll find reasonable childcare for Hannah. I know how hard it can be to try to do something with a toddler who is not cooperative! We're keeping Isaac and the rest of you in our prayers!
love ya!

Anonymous said...

There is no way that Hannah looks like a boy. From what I see in the pics there is no mistaken her being a beautiful girl:)
I too (like amy noel's comment) obviously need help with my geography...lol. I am sorry that I goofed in thinking I could help you with childcare. I was in the right city wrong state..haha. I hope something will come through for you that will fit perfectly for you and Hannah. I am glad that Isaac is stable and pray he continues. Hang in there and try and enjoy your time there with him and Hannah.
Blessings & prayers for you all,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,
I had peole mistake Julia for a boy all of the time when she was Hannah's age. Funny since they resemble each other so much and some of Hannah's clothes used to be Julia's. Julia's 5 now and has declared she doesn't like to wear pastel pink. She would much rather wear blue jeans and a t-shirt than any kind of girly outfit. I love your pictures and seeing Hannah reminds me of Julia's toddler years. Hannah is adorable regardless! -- Take Care and give the littel guy some kisses from all of us! Brenda

Anonymous said...

Don't worry aobut people mistaking Hannah for a boy. My sister was thought to be a boy until she was about seven...THAT really is just dumb...And I was mistaken to be 16 (!) last week. Anyway...I am sure you will find a good way for Hannah to be taken care of :)

Love,
Maxi

Justine Cooper said...

Hello! I went to Craig's List to help a friend who is closing a business by putting her display cabinets for sale and somehow came across your blog!! I read most of it and am amazed at your strength, love, and passion. I am praying for you and would love to help with childcare when I can. I am a mother of three and am in grad school for Special Ed. and waitressing on the weekends! Please let me know what I can do. Also, if you haven't heard, Providence House in Cleveland is a crisis nursery that is excellent in their care for children. I would be surprised if they could not help with some day care for Hannah as they are 24 hours, grant funded, clean, and every child care worker has been fingerprinted and background checked!!! The staff is awesome!!!! I can get contact information if you don't have it. God Bless and hope to hear from you!!