Thursday, September 13, 2007

Rainbow Babies



Isaac's new home is in Cleveland, OH at Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital. It's the top ranked hospital in the Midwest. And I thought UofM was #1...not really in anything, anymore, huh?! Hee hee hee.

I met his new doctor this morning. They agreed with all of Aultman's findings and after a surgical consult this morning, they decided he did not need surgery. They began feedings again today and so far, so good. The doctor said he is stable. So, it's just waiting to see how he progresses with his feedings. He's at 21% oxygen and they're hoping to move him down to the cannula next week (the next device down from the c-pap). I got to hold him today for about a 1/2 hour. He looks like he's going to explode he's been retaining so much water. They've got him on a diuretic to bring him back down--he's about 4 pounds, 4 ounces--that'll go down as the diuretic does its job.

Looking for help, again! I'm always asking for something, aren't I?! If anyone has any contacts in Cleveland, please let me know. I need a sitter for Hannah. The person would have to come to the Ronald McDonald House in Cleveland (where we're staying). Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm also going to post on Craigslist and at Case Western's message board, if I can.

Jason was planning on coming down this weekend, but due to a work conflict that he cannot get out of, he won't be joining us. Hannah keeps asking for him and I miss him terribly. I know it's so hard for him to be away. I know he wants to be here. I'd love for him to see our new digs. I'll take some pics for all to see, soon. For now, the pics I posted are from this morning. The pic of Hannah is on the shuttle bus from Ronald McDonald House (RMDH) to the hospital. Parking is sooo expensive and the shuttle is free. Can't beat that! We just have to call ahead and we're all set!

Isaac is set, we're set, and Jason's home this weekend with a visit from his dad. Hopefully, Isaac will continue to feed well, kick the rest of this NEC problem and be on his way to healthy and growing for awhile.

I'll keep you posted! Still loving the comments!

Night night. Love you, honey. Miss you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany...I actually have a good friend in Cleveland that I can call in the morning and see if she has any babysitting contacts. She has two small children and tons of friends that have children so I know she would most likely be some help. YAY!! Maybe I can do something all the way from Virginia:) I continue to pray for you guys. Hang in there. I will give you a call when I talk to my friend and hopefully can help you out.
Blessings!!
Lynn

Hummel Family said...

I am so glad he's doing as good as expected. I will pray that he will keep moving on up!

I am so excited tha tyou are in a Ronald McDonald House! Aren't they great? Cheap too. Atleast Akron's was pretty cheap. I will pray you can find a sitter or a daycare for Hannah SOON.

Now I know why I was supposed to see you a couple of weeks ago...there's no way I would be able to make it up to Cleveland.

I pray you like the hospital and its surroundings. I am sure he's in the BEST of hands.

Anonymous said...

I hope you like the new hospital alright. Sorry I don't know anyone in Cleveland. I can't wait for him to be home. I hope you will still blog for a bit so we can see pics of Isaac without all the tubes and maybe a smile on his face! -Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hello there,
I am so glad the trip for little Isaac went well. Sounds like you guys are settling fast into your new "home"
I pray you find the help you need there in every aspect with a sitter for Hannah and great care for Isaac.
Blessings and dream sweet.
Jodi

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear there won't be surgery at this point. Sounds like the best place for Isaac to be! On our way to the U.P. will be back sometime Sunday. I will check in then. Good luck and God Bless you all. Love Mom and Nana

Anonymous said...

Good morning,
Isaac looks all bundled up in the picture. I am so glad that they are not recommeding surgury. I am glad that he is doing good in the doctors eyes. Hannah looks happy in the picture.
I am looking forward to pics of your new digs!! PTL for the shuttle bus. Not only that but it helps in keeping you out of all the traffic. I know that you do not mind it but it would drive me up a wall. Keep the Faith!!
Love Gram and Papa

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about your family since your article was in the Canton Repository and have been following your story. When I saw you were staying at the Ronald Mcdonald house, I had to post something. My daughter had heart surgery at Cleveland Clinic 6 years ago and we stayed at the Ronald Mcdonald house for 1 month. It was a blessing even as we were going through a difficult time. I am thinking about and praying for your family as I know what you are going through with an ill infant. Jennifer