Monday, September 3, 2007

Galatians 5:22-23

Ok, well, I said I read in Galatians that God flies an MSU flag. It must have been another book because what caught my eye today was about the fruits of the spirit.

I think God really puts on the pressure sometimes. I mean, you're already under pressure and then "BAM!" it's like, even worse. You thought it was tough before, and now you feel like you're drowning in pressure. I am reminded though, while in the double boiler pressure cooker (I'm sure that's not culinarily correct, but it sounds scary, right?), that God is right there with me, leading me out. Like the footprints in the sand.

So, I have some interpersonal issues. I mean, not some, quite a bit. I'm the first person to admit that. I'm often a tough person to get along with. I always have been. Call it personality, call it life experience, whatever. I am who I am. I do think, though, that God continually wants to make me more like him. I will always be strong-willed. I believe God created me with this quality for a reason. But, I also think I can try some other "tactics," first, and if those don't work, maybe then it's time to stand strong. Galatians 5:2-23 is where I'm going to start. The good ol' fruits of the spirit--the oranges and bananas of God. Tee hee hee.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

I am going to memorize this verse and meditate on it when I get in a huff and just see where it gets me (at least I'm going to try...this is not going to be easy). I'm pretty sure it will yield some tasty apples. Enough about my problems, huh?!

Isaac continues to get better. Jason held him this afternoon for two hours. Jason, Hannah and I spent quality time together today and it felt good. Jason leaves early in the morning and I think Hannah and I will head for home on Wednesday. A day earlier than we planned, but the thought of being here 6-8 weeks straight is starting to overwhelm me. I desperately want to be home. For good.

"See" you tomorrow!

6 comments:

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

You made me smile with this post. I get in huffs, too, about various things... being a mom has nipped that in the bud. LOL. Sure has helped giving my boys 'do overs' when they act up... I like to think of God giving me tons of 'do overs'...
Katie in Dalton, OH

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey, Just so happens I am here replying to your earlier posts and there you are posting again!!! Well, now I am really caught up. You can apologize for alot of things but never, ever, apologize for WHO you are.Always keep your faith, passion and zeal!! I love you, I love Jason. Goodnight and give my Grandbabies their "loves" Love, Mom and Nana

Anonymous said...

Hey there girl, needless to say we all have a lot of short comings and need to read and memorize the scriptures that you mentioned. Life is not a bowl of roses, there are thorns thrown in that we have to weed out. Apparently your thorns are pricking you at this point and you just need to know that there are those of us out here that is praying that this will soon pass. It is not a easy road that you all have chosen but just try and see down that road, that there is a bend in it and a end to it somewhere. Continue to "try" and "trust" in the "LOVE" and "PATIENCE" OF THE LORD. It is easier said than done needless to say!!! I will be the first one to say that. We have to look around and we will see that there are so many others out there have it as bad or worse than we do. PTL!! I know that does not comfort us when we are walking that lonely road or as you mentioned "in the sand". Those single footprints tell the whole story.
Lots of Love, Gram

Anonymous said...

I am certain that Isaac will face a lot of situations in the weeks and years to come where he will need a strong advocate. God made no mistakes in having that tiny baby find your family to be his.

Anonymous said...

How many of us moms want to be able to throw a tantrum, but we keep it together for our children. Just remember that you are not alone in your feelings of frustration and impatience. So many of us have felt the "mommy guilt" when we fall short, but just like Katie said, God gives us endless do overs. You are an inspiration to many! Keep strong!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh Tiff,

I saac looks so much better. I am sure he's gonna be a really strong and good-looking guy some day. And really soon you will have hundreds of girls to come running after him :P

Anyway...sorry I didn't comment for a couple days...I was on vacation... in London... (just a little reminder)

So yeah...I need to get up in about seven hours to go to work. Til then :*

Love, Maxi