Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Stuck






Isaac seems to be stuck at 15ml. When it's feeding time, they have to check and see how much is left in his stomach. There's not supposed to be anything left and he's got up to half still sitting in there. This is the biggest thing holding him back right now. There are other imbalances, issues, etc. but most will be cleared up (or should be) when his body is tolerating the amount of food he should be getting. Full feedings for him are around 34ml. Please pray that his body would tolerate full feedings without further complications.

Hannah and I had an all right day. Some are more difficult than others and today was kind of junky. She really misses her daddy. She's even started telling me she misses him. And, I think we get tired of each other. In the evenings, she's been playing with some little boys who are staying here--that's helping a bit. 2 boys are from Ecuador and 1 is from Peru. I've had the opportunity to brush up on my Spanish (2 years in high school--a long time ago). Their moms are a lot of fun and we do our best to understand one another. One boys name is Cateo (Carlos Mateo) and Hannah calls him Catato (I think she thinks it's potato) it's really cute.

Gram, you were right in your comment about yesterday's pic about Isaac's smile. He's smiling quite a bit and I've been trying to get pics. I succeeded today! I know it's not intentional, but cute nonetheless. I think he has 2 dimples, too...just like his big sister and Mommy.

I'm making dinner for the house tomorrow (50 people). I have a recipe for Sausage Gumbo that I love--I hope it goes over well. I'm also making a Michigan Cherry Salad--I thought I'd prepare a taste of home to share with everyone. It all turned out to be much more expensive than I thought it would be, but I'm looking forward to chopping some serious vegis and preparing the meal. I actually miss some of my household chores. Please, remind me I said that about 2 weeks after Isaac comes home.

Hannah is lying in her pack and play singing Happy Birthday to her dollies and bears. Sometimes it's sooo cute and sometimes I just want her to go to sleep. She's a little sweety. I love my kids a whole lot. Oh, I almost forgot. I rocked Isaac for the first time today (just because the other hospital didn't have rockers and one was available today) and he loved it. He slept so well while I held him. It was nice.

See you later!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one handsome little man! The pictures with the smiles are adorable. Thanks for sharing and being so transparent, Tiffany. It is a blessing to me, and helps me know how to pray more effectively for you, Jason, Hannah, and especially your precious little boy! God bless you all in this long, difficult journey. (I am so glad you got to rock him!!)
Becky
Kettering, OH

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff, Cool I love the smiling pictures and with his eyes open. It is such a treat to see what he looks like as I said before without all of that "stuff" on his head. It shouldn't be to long hopefully and you will be rocking him at home in his room.
Sounds like Hannah has made some new friends.
I am going to be interested in how your meal turned out. It will keep you in practice.

Well off to bed, Love Gram and Papa

Jessica, RN said...

I just happened to find your site through someone else's, but now I realize that I read about you and your beautiful family in the Canton Repository during the Hall of Fame week!! It sounds like it's been a long road for you guys and I pray for further strength and energy for all of you! :)

North Canton, Ohio

Keks said...

What a cute picture of him smiling. AND he has a little sheep :D That's plain great...

Aaaanyway...I found the cutest socks for him today. I know they are far too big but hey...they are pirate socks.

And I am glad you found something to do...With the cooking. Maybe you can get Hannah to help.

Love,
Maxi

Anonymous said...

Those are some sweet pics for your children! And I agree Issac has dimples. Praise the Lord for your 2 little ones. We are praying! In Christ, Carol

Anonymous said...

Love those smiles!! Lets keep 'em coming and start tolerating that food. We are all waiting for you to come home little buddy!! Love Nana (I know I must be patient)