Thursday, September 20, 2007

Quick Weekend

Hannah and I drove home to Grand Rapids last night and arrived around midnight. This morning, we went to Meijer Gardens with a couple friends and that was fun for both of us. Hannah is taking a nap and I'm trying not to feel overwhelmed with life. I just want to call the hospital and here them say, "He's perfectly healthy and ready to come home." I keep joking I'm going to take him out for a stroller ride. I'm grateful for trials and times of learning and growing, but sometimes I wish I could decide when I'm ready for it, ya know? Or, if there was a pause button on life and I could take a few days off. I know everyone feels that way, not just me.

Isaac is having another blood transfusion today. Argh. He's still at 15ml of formula via a feeding tube. He'll be 34 weeks on Sunday. I keep telling him he has to eat all his food so he can get bigger and come home. He had his third eye exam yesterday and it sounds as if some problems are now starting to show up. He will likely be a candidate for eye surgery at a later point.

We're headed to Mackinaw City tomorrow.

Love to all.

4 comments:

The Claar Family said...

Your feelings are definitely universal! Sometimes we just want to scream "STOP" and then pick up when we feel ready...too bad it doesn't work, huh? I'm glad Isaac is under such watchful care and they're catching all the things that need to be addressed.
Have a great time in Mackinaw City! We spent a week there in August...it's a great place to relax and have fun. Keep looking forward to the trips you'll take with Isaac in tow. The time will come, even though we can't fast forward (or pause) the hard times. Take care :)
~Amy Claar

Anonymous said...

Geez! Even when your home you busy!

Anonymous said...

I know that this will be an emotional trip for you, Jason, and his family. We will definately bring smiles with us to have on hand. We are so looking forward to seeing you all Saturday.Talk to you soon and I am praying for an uneventful weekend for Isaac with strength and healing. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey there girl, I cannot comprehend what the "----" you and Jason are going through. Needless to say "all" I and Papa can do is pray that ALL goes well for ALL of you. Isaac is the one that is going through the worse of this but we all know that all of your lives are effected by this. We just have to keep the faith that the LORD is in control of "all" of this. That includes the trip this weekend!! I know that this is not the easiest thing that you, Jason and of course Jason's father and sister are going through. We pray that it all goes well and it is a kind of letting go and letting "GOD".

Lots of love from Gram and of course Papa.