Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Finally! (Big sigh of relief). His biopsy was done around 3:30 this afternoon. We should have preliminary results by Friday afternoon. He is scheduled for an upper GI tomorrow and if both of these come back negative, they'll probably start feeding him Saturday. This is the last big thing he needs to accomplish before he can come home. EAT! EAT! EAT! He also had an eye exam today and the doc said he looked good and would check in again next week. I'm hesitant to be hopeful that my buddy buddy has rounded the bend, but he has to at some point, right?!

Normal day for Hannah and I. Although I'm a Target fanatic, there was a grand opening of a new Walmart today and since I had nothing else to do, we went. Hannah received $5 in the mail from someone today and it was burning a whole in her purse! She decided to buy a My Little Pony. When we got to the car she asked where her $5 went...it was too cute. I explained that she traded her money for the pony. What a little sweetie. Isaac received a knitted MSU blanket today--it makes a mommy's heart proud. I was thrilled. We also received a card and pics from our dear neighbors, Grandpa Dave and Grandma Marilyn. They moved away this summer, much to my dismay. I cried when I saw who the envelope was from. Marilyn sent pics of her granddaughters, who Hannah and I adore, and also pics of Hannah at their new house (we visited them during our last trip to Grand Rapids). I miss them TERRIBLY and wish Grandma Marilyn could come to our window here as she always did back home. We love you, Dave and Marilyn!!!

All right, I'm signing off for the night. Love to all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Dave and Marilyn moved, Wow we know how much you will miss them!!! They are treasures that will be with you the rest of your lives.

I am so glad that Isaac's test got done this afternoon and the other one will be tomorrow. PRAISE THE LORD OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!! WHAT CAN I SAY EXCEPT PRAISE THE LORD!!

Good night for now, Lots of Love, Gram and Papa.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Isaac had his biopsy. "Keep up the good, Isaac!"
Tell him that...

A knitted blanket? I am sure he'll love that...Talk about "trading" money. I can't believe how expansive my books are...Geesh...

Aaaanyway...Have some fun today. I sure will. I don't have class until 3pm today :P

Love,
Maxi

Anonymous said...

Prayers today for good results; every little step gets you all closer to the next stage of being a family of four, all together and in your comfortable routine. Hang in there!