Thursday, October 25, 2007





Isaac did not get his upper GI today, but he should be getting it tomorrow. We'll also be getting the preliminary results of his biopsy. This is crucial. If he needs surgery, he will be set back several weeks. If he doesn't, he may start eating again tomorrow. I haven't thought about it much today but now that I have quiet time alone it's on my mind. No matter what, God has a plan for Isaac's life. I am here to love my son and raise him in a manner that he would love God. That's my job. Not to worry about tomorrow or 10 years from now. No matter how much I worry, it won't change anything, anyway. I trust that God knows what He's doing!

Ever use a dry erase marker on a mirror? It's so fun. I've started memorizing some verses again (I write the verse on the mirror so I see it everyday). I started with 1 Corinthians 10:13. I'm trying to choose verses that are helpful in areas I struggle with. My new one is Galatians 5:22&23 (one I should already know).

A couple came to visit us today. I think we figured they are about 4 people removed--they are parents of a girl who knows a girl who knows my best friend. Wow. They brought us some gifts that were very nice and very funny. They'd never met me yet figured out how to make me laugh--I love it! They have volunteered to watch Hannah one or two evenings a week so I can see Isaac. Here's the thing. They are EXACTLY what I've wanted. EXACTLY who God laid on my heart to wait for. A retired couple, whose grandkids live out of town (in Grand Rapids, no less) but yet want to be around kids (and who have the energy for an active toddler). Really, it's the little things that matter. I mean, this was a desire of my heart. I don't want to leave my little girl with just anyone. And God sent exactly what I wanted. Exactly. I'm so glad I didn't settle. I'm so glad I waited. I'm so glad I waited for God's timing and not my own. Thank you, Jesus, for the small blessings of life. Thank you for teaching me in the desert. I hope it carries over.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,

Glad to hear you have a bit of help. Will pray tonight specifically for the results of the biopsy and the GI. That's wonderful that you will have some time alone with Isaac, without a big worry for Hannah.
She can go be spoiled for a while- grandparents are awfully good at that. God does provide. Lisa in Athens

Anonymous said...

Still folowing everyday, Hoping for the best news! Please hug and kiss the kids for me. My love to You and Jason. Love, Mom and (Nana)P.S. Dad got a 6 point last night, I am sure that he probably already emailed you the news

Anonymous said...

As a Grandma too far away to help you I have been praying that someone would find you through friends of friends. They will be blessed by their time with Hannah.

Anonymous said...

You know. This last paragraph made me cry. I love to read how God works in your life. this is so awesome. I wish I was there to like hug you or something. So...feel hugged, okay?

Love, Maxi

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,

Have fun this weekend. I wish I was going to be there with all of you. Give my little girl and little boy lots of love.

I am a lucky man to have such an incredible wife. I would not want to be on this journey with anyone else.

Love,
Jason

Crissie said...

so glad the Lord gave you these people. nothing better than grandparents;) glad you were picky and waited for the right people!!

crissie

Joy said...

Tiff,
It's been a long time since we have talked. It looks like you, Issac, Jason and Hannah are surviving this journey with continued faith! Just wanted to let you all know that I am still thinking and praying for you. I wish I was able to do more! JOy.

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Lots of Love as we always say!! We are praying that all continues to go well with "little bit" and they can start feeding him!!!!I keep hitting the wrong button on here@@@@instead of !!!! We are doing good just so you know and you do not worry@@!! We hope you got the peanuts!! If not you will!!! Lots of Hugs tonight to all of you. I am looking forward to watching the "God Father" tonight. I have seen it before but I do not remember some of it. Needless to say it is "4 HOURS" Tiff do you think this "GRAM" will stay awake. Papa and I have plans but I doubt if it will work out for either of us. I Will let you know tomorrow :}!!!!
It sounds like Dad "Don" got his deer that he has been looking for.

It is getting close to game show time so I will quit for now. I have thought and prayed for Isaac and of course you all several times today!!

Christ's Love and Ours, Gram and Papa.