Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween




We had another day together as a family, minus Isaac. I (Jason) worked in Grand Rapids today, so we were able to go to Rose's for lunch. Rose's is in East Grand Rapids and is Hannah and Tiffany's favorite place to eat lunch. It was a lot of fun, except Hannah was a little cranky. Hannah did not sleep well last night and was under the weather today. Tiffany and I figured out that she has been sick every Halloween of her life.

Although she was not feeling well, Hannah still wanted to go trick-or-treating. We dressed her up in an MSU cheerleading outfit and I took her to a few houses while Tiffany handed out candy at the house. After Hannah and I got back to the house, Hannah had a few pieces of candy and starting acting a little better. We played together as a family for about an hour and then Hannah went to bed. She fell asleep almost instantly. Hopefully she will feel better tomorrow.

As for Isaac, things are status quo. He is getting his Broviac placed tomorrow. Hopefully he does well over the weekend so there are no more delays for the surgery on Tuesday. We need Isaac to be released or transferred here. We have been doing this for over three months and its time for my family to come back home.

6 comments:

Jane said...

I like candy therapy!

Praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Candy can make any kid feel better. I am glad she perked up after a little trick-o-treating.
I pray Isaac stays on track and will finally be able to have hes surgery as scheduled.
Enjoy each others company and look forward to the day when you bring your son home and can be together as a family.
The Evans family rocks!
Prayers and Happy Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Good morning,

We hope that Hannah feels better today. It sounds like the candy rush perked her up! Jason thanks for the blog, you do good!! Of course no matter who does it it means a lot to all of us. Our prayers that all will continue to go good for Isaac.

Breakfast time for me.

Lots of Love, Gram and Papa

Hummel Family said...

I am so soryy to hear that Issac's surgery has been rescheduled to another day. I can see why there is some frustration! ANd I kow exactly how you fell about wanting your family all together, or atleast closer together and not hours away!!

We'll keep praying.
JoEllen

Anonymous said...

With all that is within me...all I can do is send my love. So glad my little pumpkin still had it in her to go trick or treating!

That little bit of being normal and being HOME and being with Mommy AND Daddy is enough to give a little girl reason to relax and rest. Hope that her good night gave everyone a bit of peace and calm. I guess I will have to wait and find that out.

Sometimes putting distance between a person and whatever the frustration is not only helpful but healthy.

I love you all. Thanks for your post Jason. I agree, it is time for your family to be at home. I hope that it can be all 4 very soon, maybe it is time to be 3 more often if that is what has to happen. Again, I love you all and miss you. Love Mom (Nana)

Anonymous said...

So you're at home? That's good. I'll definitely try to call. Uhm...so yeah...Sorry I couldn't write yesterday. My internet broke down completely two days ago. But I still had a great time...


I totally fell in love...with the anglitics part of the library here. I love the books. I even found one that I wanted to read for a while now. That was so awsome. I spent three hours there today. "Working". Meaning: I looked up a book I needed for a prersentation. That took about ten minutes. And after that I went to my beloved English section and checked some books. I will definitely spend some more time there. As for now I got seven books. Only one of them I actually need for my class :/

Gotta go to bed. Love yas!
Maxi :*