Monday, November 26, 2007



Even good days can be stressful. Isaac was moved to the stepdown unit around 4pm. Hannah and I were already waiting for him in his new room when he arrived. His new nurse quickly assessed him (7 pounds, 3 ounces) and his NICU nurse teared up and held him one last time. Hannah wanted to immediately hold him and kiss him. I wanted to get more pics but I was trying to manage the two of them at the same time and figured I'd better let the pics wait. I'm thrilled he's moved out of the NICU but it's really scary. Until today, he's had someone with him all the time. Now, he has his own room and the nurses just check on him. Of course, he's still on all his monitors, but it's still scary for this Mama. His doc also decided to take out his NG tube. Meaning, all his food is now from a bottle!!!! He's still on TPN (IV vitamins), but they continue to lower the amount as he eats more. He's up to 34 ml every 3 hours but if he'll eat more, he can have it. He still needs a few more vaccinations and still needs to be circumcised (poor kid). It's quite possible we'll be on our way home in just a couple weeks.

A friend of mine called today and asked what we needed and I jokingly told her we needed a minivan. Seriously, when we go home, it will be Hannah, Isaac and myself all in the backseat of my Malibu (they said I'd need to ride in the back to keep an eye on Isaac). My friend told me I had to take pics of the three of us crammed in the back. Ha Ha. I promised God I would drive my car until it literally died. It's been paid off for some time and is at 140,000 miles so it could go anytime (hopefully not on the Toledo bridge). I figure when it goes, God will provide our Toyota or Honda minivan (oh, yeah, we've already got it picked out).

We got 2 packages in the mail today from my very best friend in Colorado and my cousin and his wife. BTW, I've never received anything from Target.com and when I got a package with bullseyes all over it I was thrilled. Target delivered. Is there anything better?! Cute outfits and things we need for our little buddy. I remember someone mentioning they sent something to the hospital? I have not received a package there, yet. Please let me know if I should follow up. I have changed the address on the side bar since we may be leaving soon. Thank you to everyone for your generosity to our family.

I'm still looking for a babysitter and a Grand Rapids Grandma and Grandpa. As we near our homecoming, these people will be key to my sanity. Please pray that God would send the right people at the right time.

My hometown, Charlevoix, MI, published an article about our family in the weekly newspaper, the Charlevoix Courier. Unfortunately, I haven't read it, yet. I did hear from one of my high school counselors which was pretty cool. Anyone else hailing from Charlevoix? I'd love to hear from you! I was very fortunate to grow up in a great community. We lived in the woods, on the lake. I grew up riding golf carts through the woods, cross country skiing, boating...a life I'd love to give my kids. Unfortunately, land like that isn't cheap anymore. Jason and I have talked many times about re-locating to Charlevoix. Who knows where we'll end up...I certainly didn't expect the last 4 months so anything is game!

I have some work to get done. Some projects I'm trying to finish before we come home.

Love to all.

8 comments:

Melony said...

Tiffany,

I swore I would never be a "van mom". I had a Jetta and I loved it. It wasn't until we got stuck in traffic (for a really long time) with a 3 year old and a newborn in the backseat and I had to sit in the back with them and attempt to nurse that I realized my "fun car" days were over!! Once you switch, it's hard to imagine going back to a car that you can't get up and practically walk around in. The one thing I miss is the $$ I saved on fuel!!

I am so excited that you will be going home soon with your sweet baby boy.. My prayers are with you tonight as I know your mind will be flooded with thoughts of him in his room without constant supervision. Just remember that Jesus is always watching over him!! He's brought him this far.

Anonymous said...

Isaac looks so good. another answer to prayer in his young life. praise the Lord!

Amy Noel said...

Ummm....hay! Guess what! I'm from Charlevoix, too! Can you believe it???!!! It IS such a great place, isn't it? I love it up there. :) ha ha ha. Glad you got the package. Hope the clothes fit the "little buddy." And about the minivan thing. I am one of those people who cannot WAIT to get one. It would be so nice to actually fit more than just our family in the car! Hopefully in the next year.... Anyways, glad to see Isaac making such wonderful improvements. 7 lbs. 3 oz.--that's a good newborn sized baby, and with him eating now, he's practically ready to start walking and talking if you ask me! I pray he will be able to come home with you soon before Christmas--especially because I'd love to see him and the rest of you all happy and cozy in your little home when I come to visit. Much love and hugs from Colorado.

Katie said...

I'm so happy to hear that Isaac is close to coming home!!!! Congratuations. I hope the next few weeks go quickly and that Isaac will be home with you for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hurray for Isaac!!! I will keep praying for no more setbacks. It will be great to have him home for Christmas.
Sheila from Heaven sent adoptions just moved back up to Charlevoix form over your way. We used to live in Gaylord and our kids have siblings in Charlevoix. I miss up there sometimes but I don't miss the snow :) -Sherry

Sheryl Kenoyer said...

Isaac looks so content laying in his little crib sucking on his bink. What a precious little boy! You all continue to be in my prayers. It would be just the very best if you could have your "little buddy" home with you for Christmas! Sleep tight tonite!

Anonymous said...

Hey here is Gram again and guess what I am so happy that Isaac is doing so good. I am looking forward to tonight and hearing all of the good news!! I am praying that all goes well and he can be "home" very soon. It is going to be interesting getting two cars with the four of you. I am sure that Papa Jim is going to be involved somehow. If not someone will!!

Needless to say we are looking forward to what is happening!! Whether it is this week or next week or the week after it is going to be interesting. I love the mystery but want to know what is going on as we all do.

Hey Gram and Nana have special priveliges (?) I know it is not spelled right but someone out there will let me know, RIGHT!! PTL!!

I am sure that Isaac is being checked on so many times a day that it is unreal. Also he eats every 3 hours. I know that is a long time in between but if he crys someone is in there checking on him. He has all of the necessary things on him and bells will ring and sirens will sound if something is wrong. Right TIFF!! Praise The Lord he is doing so great!!

As Melony said Jesus is there with Isaac as He has been there all along. Needless to say the prayers of all of the Prayer Warriors have been there and Jesus has answered them all. He has said that where two or three are there He will answer. He has done that for all of you and all of us out here that have lifted our hearts up to Christ to be with Isaac and the rest of you.

Hey as far as a car or van is concerned it will work out I am sure. Hey Tiff "Grams" kids were two years apart and we had One "car". I do not remember what it was but we also did not have the laws that they have today for transporting them. At any rate you will make out great as so many others do. Hey, think American!! Just me thinking!!!Jason's job relies on American and the state of Michigan. Just a thought!!

Well it is getting close to my game shows. I have a little while but at the same time need to answer a e-mail.

Christ's love and Ours, Gram and Papa.

Anonymous said...

So, it's twelve thirty and I just finished my homework. Maths is killing me, though I really like it.

Well, a mini van, eh? I am sure oyu would look funny driving one. But then again, you'd have loads of space for your stuff from Target and Beaner's ^.^ Ah well, you'll get your share. Whatever God has in store for you will be perfect to take your two kids wherever they need to go.

Anyway. I really should go to bed. I don't think I make much sense tonight...

So, "good night unto you all."

Love, Maxi