Friday, November 23, 2007




I missed yesterday, didn’t I?! We put Hannah to bed around 8ish and we were all asleep by 8:30. Jason and I didn’t intend on going to sleep so early, but I guess we were tired!

We spent most of the day with friends from RMDH. They invited us to their family Thanksgiving. It was so fun. We played a new game called, Ships. Let’s just say jumping around on the floor with giant playing cards isn’t just for kids! I think I may actually try to make a deck of these cards because I know some friends of ours who would love this game! We ate tons of food and Jason even got to see the Lions game while we were there.

We returned to the RMDH later in the evening only to have more turkey! All together, we had 5 Thanksgiving meals. And I didn't count a single calorie. I don't think I can count that high, anyway.

So, we received some really great news today. It sounds as if Isaac may be coming home sooner than anticipated. His doctor mentioned today that he may be ready to come home before Christmas! Jason, Hannah and I actually went to Target today but not for the 2-day sales. We went to pick up a few things for Isaac and add a few things to the registry. We're still hopeful he'll be transferred at the end of next week--as long as he doesn't get sick and when DeVos has an opening for him. Jason and I starting talking about some things we're going to try to do differently when "the family" returns home. We're so excited to think we all might be home, soon!

I fed Isaac both of his syringe bottles today. Hopefully, he'll try a real bottle tomorrow. He's eating every 3 hours and is going up 2ml every 12 hours. So, at midnight, he'll be at 18ml every 3 hours. He's getting there!

Jason, Hannah and I have had a lot of fun together. Laughing, playing and just being together. Jason and I are always laughing at the funny things Hannah says. Tonight, in the car she said, "Let me see...I remember something...I remember when we fixed Daddy's car." Just out of the blue. And sure enough, Jason did get his tires replaced about a month ago here in Cleveland. We just love her so much.

One more thing. Please visit our adoption advocacy website at: www.threevoices.org Please feel free to pass this link on to anyone who may be interested in our work.

We're so thankful to all of you for following along and loving and supporting our family. Much love to you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ta-daah. First to post. I knew it. I knew Isaac would be home soon. Told ya.

Hmm, so far there's is notihng really interesting here. WEll, okay, maybe there is. I understood maths. And I even explained it to a couple guys in my class and then thesy did, too. I think I am not going to fail my final there. XD

And uhm, yeah, they set up the traditional Christmas market already. So it's a Ferris Wheel, scooters and lots more fun things to do. And the food is just awesome. The traditional drink would be mulled wine with herbs and cinnamon. And the food (obviously) bratwurst and pretzels and "Mutzen". Those are little dough-dumplings put into frizzling oil and then covered in powdered sugar. Definitely not healthy but oh-so-good.

Love, Maxi

Anonymous said...

Good moring to the four of you!! We have had 3 thanksgiving meals. Yesterday instead of breakfast we had potatos, gravy, dressing and turkey. Of course again last night.

It sounds so good that Isaac might be home for Christmas. I know it will be a definite change especially for you Tiff as you will have to get back into the routine of everything. It will be a wonderful change as you will be "home again" for good. That bottle thing is funny looking that you are feeding Isaac with. Hannah with the sun glasses to.

Time for a cup of coffee and half a muffin. That is our routine and later breakfast.

Lots of Love, Gram and Papa

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

This has been my prayer for your family- and it looks like it might come true!!! What a Christmas it would be!!! Would you like me to decorate your house??? A Christmas tree?? Ooh... Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

What a cool Christmas gift that would be!
Does Isaac fuss when it's getting close to his three hour mark? he looks like he is just so alert and ready to go go go.
Our Ozzie ate 1 to 2 ounces every 90 minutes for almost 2 months (he was 6 pounds at birth, born at 34-36 weeks) so if you can get a 3 hour schedule, that would be wonderful. Then again, as soon as you get used to Isaac's schedule, he'll be off doing something else :-)
How is his skin? Our kiddos are all dry as the sahara so we use lots of lotion. When they were tiny, we used the walmart brand of eucerin cream (price difference of over 5 bucks!); it's unscented, thick, and moisture-rich. What are you using on Isaac now or is he in pretty good shape?
Katie

Jane said...

it's been a pleasure to walk with you!

Anonymous said...

He's looking SO much bigger in the pictures!!! YEA!