Saturday, November 24, 2007



Things I miss about home:

--our cat, Cooper
--our dog, Cali
--my friends
--playdates with Madi (Hannah's best friend)
--my down comforter
--cooking dinner (I'll regret that one, soon)
--dinner at the table
--Hannah, Cooper, Cali and I greeting Jason at the front door when he comes home from work
--sitting at the table on Sunday morning, reading the paper with Jason and drinking coffee while Hannah eats breakfast
--going to church
--my neighbors
--walking around the neighborhood
--Rose's in East Grand Rapids (and our favorite server)
--Story Hour at the library on Thursday mornings
--grocery shopping on Thursday mornings before going to the library and then racing home to throw the groceries on the front porch because we're running late for Story Hour
--waiting for Jason to call to say the van pool is back from Lansing and he's getting in his car to come home
--arguing with Jason in person
--reading books with Hannah on the couch


Things I'll miss about Ohio:

--my new friends
--joking about pasta for dinner every night
--Hannah running up and down the hallway with Mateo (even though it drives me crazy, now)
--Steelyard Commons
--eating dinner with friends and sharing about our kids
--riding the bus (Hannah says it's, "my blue bus")
--not having to cook or clean
--People Magazine subscription that the RMDH gets (I'm admitting to a love of Hollywood trash magazines)
--all the nurses, doctors, volunteers, bloggers, caregivers and friends in Ohio who have been supporting our family and taking care of my kids
--this whole journey. This is the only life I know with Isaac. It will be sad to let it go and move on.
-Isaac's NICU nurses. My question to them today, "Are you sure I can just take him home?!"
--looking forward to seeing Jason after being apart

Isaac Update:
He took a bottle for the first time this morning. He's taking a bottle every other feed and at midnight will be at 20 ml every 3 hours. We'll have more news about his transfer/discharge plans on Monday...

Good night.

7 comments:

Amy Noel said...

This is very exciting news!! Christmas! How awesome that would be to have him home. I hope you are able to move him to GR soon, too. Did you get my package yet? Hope you are having a nice weekend. Miss ya.

Crissie said...

great post tiffany...it is fun to see what you miss at both places!! glad your little buddy buddy is starting to turn the corner. what a happy christmas the 4 of you are going to have!!! oh the comment that made me laugh the most....missing the PEOPLE magazine....last chritmas when my sister was visiting she showed me people.com...it is free and addictive to read all that stuff....i would say i check it daily;) is that bad...oh well:0 we all have our weaknesses.

crissie

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor little Hannah. That face is just too cute.

Having Isaac home must really be a big step towards a rather "normal" life.

Anyway, sorry my comment is very short today. I should be doing a report on "The play of little children" for my psychology class.

Love ya.
Maxi

Anonymous said...

Did you write "just take him home" ???!!! Can't wait to hear more tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

This picture of Hannah looks like a Hannah "grumpy" moment. Those eyes on Isaac are so huge!! Needless to say we are looking forward to Monday also for the news. It will be so much easier I am sure. AT least you will be in your own home and still close to the hospital there. Praise The Lord for this next week when "little bit" moves to MI> (")

Love ya all, Gram and Papa.

Jane said...

your big boy is doing great! wasn't it about his due date that he turned a big corner?

Still praying,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Needless to say I am looking forward to next week. We will all see what the Lord has done,is going to do. The Lord is so infinite that we cannot comprehend what he will and can do. All I can do is say Praise The Lord!!

We are starting to buy Christmas presents for Hannah and Isaac. Needless to say this great Gram and Papa will be doing the basic's 2-3 T's for Hannah and 0-3 months for Isaac. Let the Nana and the others do the other stuff. We tend to be more practical!!!! Ha! We will try and figure out a doll for Hannah and "something" for Isaac. I am not sure what that will be at this point. He is to little to know what to do. Some one give us an idea!! Just something fun!!

I know not a learning tool at this point for Isaac!!! We might be old fashioned but I think we know better at this point!! It is fun with all of you and your various opinions. Yes the magazines are fun and there is nothing wrong with them as far as I am concerned. We all have our different ideas as to what is right and wrong. Most of the time the wrongs are not that wrong. It is a matter of opinion. Jesus healed them all regardless of their beliefs. So what does that say to all of us!!

We are looking forward to new information as everyone else is.

Lots of Love, Gram and Papa.