Tuesday, November 13, 2007


Isaac continues to breathe on his own. I couldn't sleep last night because I kept thinking about his progress. At 12:30 this morning I called his nurse just to make sure he was still off his cannula. Today is the first day I feel truly hopeful that Isaac will be coming home. They started him on Pedialite this afternoon. If he does well through the night they are considering beginning him on formula tomorrow. It will be a very slow progression but I'm excited to think he might start eating tomorrow!

I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone today trying to figure out some of our Medicaid, SSI and birth certificate issues. By the time I got to the lady with the gold ticket and perhaps the answer I needed, their power was out and their computers were down. Go figure. I'll try again tomorrow.

Short and sweet tonight because I'm tired! Love.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW what wonderful progress your "buddy buddy" is making.
I pray that his growth continues and takes "new steps" each day to get to that goal of coming home with Mommy, Daddy, and sissy Hannah.
I also pray those paper troubles will be resolved soon, so you can simply focus on your family and bringing that babe home!
Hugs

Jane said...

breath on little buddy....breath on!

I'm sure that the eating progress will go slow since he has to learn that skill....and there will most likely be set backs from time to time....but PRAISE GOD!!!!

I just love forward progress!

still praying,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Hey this is GRAM!! Needless to say what you are going to hear tonight from Tiff is going to shock all of "US" prayer warriors, Now we know that we will all have to be in agreement that everything works out. Needless to say she is the one that needs to let you all know what the "hell" is going on. What can I say other than the "goverment" is supposed to protect us as citizens and does not protect the most needed of them. From here on I am going to let all of you out there let your voices be heard and maybe we can figure out a way to send it to "someone" that cares in Washington, Ohio and or Michigan

As you can tell I have my dander up and will storm the Heavens that this all works out. Jesus is still in control of all of this and we have to be in "control" along with HIM.

Christ's Love and Ours, Gram and Papa to ALL of YOU out there.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Talked to Gram. She explained things as best she could but I am waiting for your post....

Hummel Family said...

I thought of you guys when we were back in the ER at Akron yesterday! I pray your hospitals days are almost over!

So good to hear Isaac is close to formula! Yipppeee! Hopefully he'll be off the expensive stuff by the time he goes back home.