Wednesday, November 28, 2007


We're getting close, folks. If everything goes PERFECTLY...next week. I'm starting to make plans for going home. I think that's why I'm having trouble sleeping. My mind is on overdrive working out the details. That's how I deal with stress. Organizing things in my mind. Weird, huh?!

Hannah and I spent the morning with Isaac. We even took him into the activity room so Hannah could play. The room has one wall of windows and Isaac just stared out the window the entire time. He's never seen bright natural light before. It was nice to hold him and play with Hannah.

It's kind of difficult to explain but in the past his body has been unable to store glucose and with a treatment they're doing (turning off his TPN for a few hours a day) they were having to give him extra dextrose or his blood sugar would fall dangerously low. Today they tried to take away his dextrose and his sugar didn't fall. So, no more dextrose. Next to go is the TPN. Hopefully, starting tomorrow. This is huge. Oh, and yesterday they started letting him eat "ad lib" meaning, he can eat as much as he wants.

I'm trying to watch Criminal Minds and blog so I'm gonna sign off.

BTW, the pic is of Hannah talking to Daddy on the phone tonight. We miss him. Very much.

9 comments:

TEXAUS MOMMA said...

Hurray! I am so excited for you! I have been keeping up with your blog for a little while now, and thought I'd drop you a line to say a quick hello! Will pray for you too! Your kids are so sweet...love the chubby cheeks. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay Tiffany!!! You have got to be sooo excited:) When I am stressed I tend to do the same as you and my mind will race when it needs to sleep...great time for prayer too. I love this pic of Hannah. She is adorable. Your so blessed. Praise God for your miracles and answered prayer!!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

woo-hoo!! Praying all goes PERFECTLY and you are home sweet home next week!!

Hummel Family said...

I am so excited for you! I can't believe the time is almost here...soon you will be home as a family. And to think it will most likely be before Christmas!

I remember all the butterflies in my tummy before Jakobi and Maylee came home...I remember a nurse telling that is so normal. Its a good thing, I guess. I can't believe we are approaching the 1 year mark that our babies came home...Dec 13...close to the date your little man will get to go home.

I pray all goes well with the TPN! I know that is a HUGE thing!!! I wonder if he'll get the chubby cheeks like Maylee and the chuncky thighs...the nurses call them "lipid" cheeks and thighs, due to all the TPN. I think its cute! :) I guess time will tell with Isaac.

Sleep well.

Katie said...

What great news! Isn't it wonderful when their little bodies finally start doing things the way they're supposed to!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! Our prayers are coming to be! -Sherry

Anonymous said...

WOW!!How wonderful "home" next week! I have been praying that Isaac be home before Christmas. What a wonderful "Christ" present for you, Jason, Hannah the dog and cat!!!

I know from what you have written that you have mixed feelings about him coming "home". Don't worry you will do just fine. You did when you brought Hannah home and you will again. He is the size that Hannah probably was when she was born and you brought her home.

Well nothing much else going on here other than day to day stuff. It is to cold and windy to go out so we will just stay in.

Lots of Love, Gram and Papa

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Tiff, I am so excited. That sounds perfect. I jsut had this feeling today. I went home and all i could do was smile. Maybe because I listened to this song "I can only imagine" and it reminded me of how much god loves all of us. Maybe it ws because I somehow "knew" that Isaac was doing great.

Criminal Minds huh? I love that show. My favourite totally is Dr. Reed. He's so sexy. And yes for me that's "intelligence = sexy". And that other guy...Morgan? Well, I think I do have a thing for "bad guys" :P

Anyway...what's more? Oh yeah, I watched "Bridget Jones" The perfect movie for all singles and those who just love romantic comedy. Especially Britsh romantic comedy. I'm thinking I should look for someone like Mark Darcy in my life. You know...romantic, not as chaotic as I am. Someone who likes me "just the way I am." as Bridget put it :) Someone who would fight for me. Noit that fighting is good but...Well, just watch the movie, okay?

Thinking of you,
Maxi

Anonymous said...

Oops!! Tell Hannah I have seen that look before too. It must be nurture over nature. Hannah is taking on alot of your mannerisms...HMMMMMMM Does mommmy think that is good or bad???? What does Jason think about that...HMMMMM. I think I am laughing out loud!!!Those are 2 pics I want copies of.

Isaac- you just KEEP DOIN WHAT YOU'RE DOIN! I will meet you very soon. LOVE to all