Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve





My posts get further and further apart, don't they? It's really a matter of routine, folks. Once the holidays are over and Jason is back to work, I think I'll be able to come up with a set time of day to "chat" with all of you. Right now, the kids are napping and Jason is doing some work at the dining room table so I have a few free moments!

My parents, Don and Lisa, came for a short visit Saturday to Sunday. It was great to see them and introduce them to Isaac. Hannah got a camera from them for Christmas (the gift she continually asked for). She was thrilled! Hannah and my dad played games and joked around. Mom made a big dinner (that I thought was too big) until I was pleasantly surprised to see my brother and his girlfriend arrive. I was excited to see my little brother who lives in Lansing. It was a fun weekend!

Yesterday, after my parents left, Jason and I sacked out on the couch. Isaac slept with Daddy and Hannah watched cartoons. The guilt. But, not enough to keep my from snoozing (with one eye open).

We were planning on seeing friends tonight for a few hours, but her youngest is sick. We don't want any of that around here, so we'll be staying in just the four of us this evening. Jason and I are usually in bed before midnight anyway. It's usually not a holiday we actively celebrate!

Isaac is doing well. Within the last week, he's starting cooing a little more and smiling just a bit. I'm waiting for his ear to ear grin at my silly antics but we've yet to see it. He still loves to watch Hannah and spends most of his awake moments watching her run around. Last night we skipped his middle of the night feeding for the first time. He cried. But, we all managed through it and will give it another go again tonight. He's been eating heartily throughout the day so I think he's making up for it. We have another round of doctor appointments within the next two weeks. We didn't get a weight check last week so I might go this week just for the heck of it.

We haven't seen the possum again, but I think it's living under the deck. We had this problem last winter, so we covered the bottom of the deck so nothing could sneak under there. I guess it didn't work. In the evening, Cali runs around the deck sniffing in between the boards. Crazy dog. And that possum is like a 100 pounds! It keeps our lives interesting.

I did manage to vaccumn twice this week, finish the laundry in two days and wipe down the bathroom sink and toilet. I've impressed myself.

Hannah has also been using the potty for 2 days straight! Now that is impressive. I'm not holding my breath that this is "it", but it's kind of exciting. I tried for awhile when we were in Ohio, but since we were in and out so much, it was difficult to maintain any kind of potty consistency. Now that we're stuck at home, I have more time to remind her to go. And, she can go by herself on her potty. That's huge! We're thinking about preschool in the fall (she'd love it) and potty-training is required. We'll see what happens!

I'm thinking about heading to Grand Blanc in the next few weeks to visit Gram and Papa. I'm excited to see them (the longest I've gone without seeing them in my entire life, I think!). We'll spend a couple nights and visit other family while we're in town. We have to be careful that everyone is healthy, but other than that, I'm not too worried.

Thank you to all of you who send me personal email. I want to acknowledge that I do receive it and appreciate it, but I cannot respond to everyone. Please do not be offended! Each of you have given our family so much love and support I simply cannot thank you enough.

BTW, the pic of Isaac "in bed" is in Hannah's doll bed we got her for Christmas. How adorable is that?!

Future blog topics: Gram and Papa, Things I've Learned and New Year's Resolutions. Coming soon to the Life Support blog!

Much love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Good afternoon and Happy New Year!!

Love the pictures, they all were so precious. I could not figure out Isaac and the bed at first until I read the blog. I sounds like you were pleasantly surprised at Dusin and Sara stopping by! Dustin stopped over to see us on Christmas day so we knew that he was coming to your house with Sara.

We are planning to stay in tonight. Nothing special and I doubt if I stay awake for the ball to fall in NY. I need to get my butt in gear and figure out something for dinner. It will probably be steak. We would have had lobster or crab legs "but" they were not on sale!! We tend only to buy that kind of stuff when they have sales.

Well nothing new going on here so I will quit boring all of you for now. Lots of Love, Gram and Papa

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Tiff, that is great! I bet it's a joy to see Hannah learn so much.

Here life has been pretty quiet...Even yesterday night was surprisingly quiet...I went to a friend's apartment and he had his guitar so he played that to us. And his finacé's brother brought a box along that sound like a drum set. And it was really awesome...I am still tired though. So I might go to bed kinda early.

I really need to practice more. I am getting old I'm telling you. I can't stay up for long. I talk nonsense after just one glass of punch. Well, okay...I talk nonsense even without drinks.

Love ya,
Maxi

Anonymous said...

Well today and tonight is all about football. I do not mind some of it but "hey" it is unreal. I just turned my electric blanket on and hope to see a game show for now. I am not holding my breath at this point. We will have to see. They usually come on around 7 pm. It is now 6:10 so I am going to have to wait for a while to see if I get something that I prefer.

Don't get me wrong I do not mind the games it is just that to many after a while is to much. No do not call me a bad person just because I have different preferences. WE all do. You do to!! It all depends on who you are talking to. The guys have their ideas and so do we.

Papa was awake for the ball to come down last night and he said it was a absolute(?) fizzle on tv. They showed very little of it.

Hope that this finds all of you doing great as usual!!

Lots of Love, Gram and Papa