Monday, January 21, 2008

I thought we were working his neck muscles, he thought we were working his leg muscules...I giggled, he didn't.


Ok, so this one is pretty good...


Our little buddy, buddy.


Have you read the book Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell? If you haven't, pretend I'm Oprah and you read my bookclub books and run out TODAY and buy this book and read it. I did a quick read within the last month and then Jason read it so we could talk about it and now I'm reading it again with a highlighter. Listen, it's a challenging book. You'll walk away every time wide-eyed and speechless. Just thinking. I LOVE IT! I think faith is always evolving, changing, growing...and this book really lays it all on the line.

Things here are status quo. Isaac continues to smile and coo more and more. He has these HUGE, open mouth grins that I cannot seem to get a picture of! I think right now the biggest thing he needs to start doing is picking up his head when he's lying on his stomach (tummy time). His therapist isn't too concerned. I think this is the next big step for him and I really want to see some progress so we work on it every week.

Hannah continues to use the potty and we are very proud! She loves her brother so much--hugging and kissing him all the time. It's a joy to see their relationship grow and develop.

Besides the normal domestic duties of a SAHM, I've been thinking and praying a lot about Three Voices and Until Journey's End. I've been doing some research and reading...and what I could really use is some professional help. So, I'm asking. If there is anyone with experience setting up non-profits and non-profit work (and the ins and outs of all of it), and you'd like to volunteer some time to talk with Jason and I, we'd really appreciate it. We've been looking into umbrella non-profits, wondering if that's an avenue for us...we just need a sounding board other than each other. Please email me if you are interested in helping us move forward with these endeavors. We'd really appreciate it.

Gram, an answer to your question...yes, that line you see on Isaac's belly is from his surgical incision. And, at the top of his chest on the right is the scar from his Broviac. My little buddy buddy has battle scars! But that's ok because he won the war! Praise the Lord!

This weekend, we'll be headed to Grand Blanc, MI (about 2 hours from home) to stay and visit with my grandparents. Yep, that's right, Gram and Papa will be meeting Isaac for the first time! I'm thrilled to be headed their way. It's been way too long. I know you've all come to love my Gram; and honestly, who wouldn't?! I wish you could meet her in person. She's a gem. You'll be seeing pics of Gram and Papa with us so stay tuned!

One last thing...as we begin to settle into life, again, my mind and heart have started to drift back to thinking about God's plan. When I was in the "thick of it" (in Ohio) I felt like God was always there and holding things together. I gave it all to Him because it WAS too much for me. But coming home, I took charge again..you know, just pushing into a routine so I could feel like things were "in order." I'm starting to s-l-o-w down again and take stock, really take stock. Focus on a God Plan instead of a Tiffany plan. Please pray I can make time for Him. Maybe stop looking at so many blogs. It's addicting. Seriously.

Have a great day tomorrow!

One more thing....check our latest update at Until Journey's End...

7 comments:

Hummel Family said...

Yep, I am with you there...BLOGS are addicting and can take up too much time!!!

I love that Big grin!!

Jeannie said...

That huge grin is contagious! I have to smile everytime I look at it!

Lizze said...

Yay for progress! Smiles, cooing, holding their head up...those are important for every baby but they seem to feel that much more special when the road to get there was so much longer. :)

I can't wait for pics of Gram! She has been such a source of...I want to say comfort but that doesn't quite cover it but I'm sure you know what I mean. It still amazes me how much she cares for someone she's never met face-to-face. Thank you for sharing her with us.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany,

I love the first pic!

Velvet Elvis is a challenging book, but good. I'm a member at Marshill, and I could kind of read it with Rob Bell's voice in my head and it was easier to digest. I guess his second book, Sex God, is even better, but I haven't read it yet. Maybe that will have to be your next book club recommendation (oooh, maybe you should start a book club in all your spare time! :)

Emily from DAB

Anonymous said...

Psh, you're doing great. Better than In would in you situation. Right now even college exam are CRAZY. For me it's linguistics, logic and coltural studies tomorrow.

Know what? I'll pray for you. Care to spare some prayers for me as well? I REALLY need to pass all my exams. I don't wanna retake any of them. Deal? *makes big puppy eyes*

Stay strong. I know you can. You could when you were in Ohio, you can now that you're back home. Tell Gram and Papa I love them, okay?

See ya *hugs tight*
Maxi

Jane said...

I want to come with you this weekend!! PLEASE..I can be your personal photographer, nanny, cook, hairdresser! I would LOVE to be there when Gram and Papa hold Isaac for the first time.

I won't be purchasing the book today...it's raining and I'm not going shopping in the rain. But I will purchase it soon. I LOVE books that grab your heart to the extent that you run into God's arms and His plans.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if maybe you had some good information for a girl I know that is pregnant. She would be a single mom and is seriously thinking of giving the baby up for adoption. She does have a very suportive family but the father would be nowhere in the picture. She is just really struggling with this issue and I was wondering if you knew of any literature or web sites that could give her some good insight on how to even make a decision like this. Thanks for any help you can be.
(p.s. I am staying anonymous and keeping her anonymous b/c not many people know and I know she doesn't want word to get around until she has thought this through. Some people who know her might see this on here. So if you could just reply in this comment section or do a post about this it would be great.)