Sunday, August 26, 2007

Another Work Day

Jason and a friend/neighbor of ours starting laying the flooring today. They finished about half of our bedroom. It looks great! I can't wait to get all our things back in there--it will be like a brand new room! While Jason was upstairs, I was in the basement with Hannah cleaning up from our wall leak. I mopped the floor with bleach water and put together a huge trash pile. It was tedious to wipe everything down and re-organize it, but, it had to be done! All in all, we accomplished quite a bit. This evening we went to church. It was sooo nice to see friends again and to worship with our own church community. It was definitely needed! This could be one of the last times we're there until mid-November. I try not to think about that.

Isaac had a great day. Every time I call I get a little nervous--never knowing what to expect. So far, he's been doing very well with no setbacks. I know setbacks are par for the course, but it sure is nice to get good reports. I'm eager to go back and see him with my own two eyes!

Spent a bit of time visiting with neighbors today. I love my neighbors. I view them as part of my family. I always look forward to seeing them and talking to them. One of our neighbors has a daughter who just started at Michigan State (our alma mater). It's so exciting to hear about her experiences (and their worries). I loved college. I love Michigan State. I promised to send her a few care packages this fall. I also visited with a neighbor who is in college and just moved from home for the first time. She's been Hannah's babysitter since Hannah was born. It's cool to see her living on her own for the first time, too. It makes me realize how old I am!

Time to hit the hay. On the futon in the basement. I'm glad Jason and I are so adaptable. Our life would be even more crazy if we weren't.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you tomorrow. We seem to get more comments during the week. Thanks so much for keeping track of our family. We love you all!

4 comments:

Josh Buck said...

You posted at 11:11, GET TO BED!!! You work hard all day, you need your rest you crazy girl! Sorry I missed you at church. Can't wait for Tuesday night. Glad to hear that the little man is doing so well. We'll just keep on praying for him! Love ya!
shelly

Anonymous said...

Good morning,
Yikes!! 11:11 and you are posting, of course I checked until late looking forward to the post!! We are glad that you have got started on the floor in your bedroom. I think you will really like having that type of floor and the ease that it will be for you to keep it clean.

Hooray! for Isaac!! I have been praying that there would be no set backs. We will see!

Hi to Hannah and Jason. Keep on keeping on and this phase of your life will be over and you will have new experiences to look forward to. Those of us we a "few" years on you can verify that.

Lots of Love, Gram and Papa "v"

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tiffany,Jason,Hannah & Issac.
I feel as though we know each other although we've never met.I've been keeping up with your posts by going on JoEllen& Burke Hummel's blog.You are precious Christian people & i wished someday i could meet you in person.You are in my thoughts & prayers daily.
Bonnie Meyer(Washington,Missouri)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are getting the things at the house taken care of and are able to be there to help Jason out. Things seem to be going relatively well with Isaac and that is wonderful. We'll all keep saying our prayers. Give all my love,hugs and kisses. Mom and Nana