Monday, August 13, 2007

Grand Rapids: Day One





Isaac has not been tolerating his formula. They're thinking that because he's been on the oscillator so long, it's disturbing his gut. They're going to try a new formula tomorrow. No word, yet, on when he'll be off the oscillator. He's currently 2lbs 15ounces.


I visited DeVos Children's Hospital today--the hospital he'd be transferred to in Grand Rapids. I talked with a social worker and toured the NICU. I've begun the process of getting to know the folks here and that's good.


Hannah played with her best friend and her Papa. She went for a walk and a wagon ride. I know she had a great day. That means I had a great day, too. Jason and I had lunch together downtown and that was fun. Hannah and I went to the store and stocked Daddy up on frozen dinners and lunch foods. I made taco salad for dinner and it was yummy!


Tomorrow is more errands in preparation for our leaving on Thursday. I will plan to go for another 3-4 weeks. Hopefully, we'll know more about a possible transport at that time.


God has a plan for Isaac's life. I pray His plan would be fulfilled.


Good night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiffany and Jason,

We are praying for little Isaac and for you and Hannah as you stay by his side. We don't know you personally, but saw your link through the Buck's website. We also do not know the Bucks, but learned of their situation through a cousin who attended Indiana Wesleyan. Please know that we are lifting you and little Isaac in prayer. This blogging thing is certainly amazing in spreading the evidence and testimony of what God can do in people's lives.

Anonymous said...

*giggles* Those pictures of Hannah are just too cute :) I am really glad you enjoy yourselves at home :)

Anonymous said...

Great family pictures!!!What??? is the cat camera shy? Tell Hannah that Nana loves her sidewalk art! (I think that mommy helped) Tell her that Nana wants to come visit and draw on the sidewalk with her!!!!I'm praying that Isaac tolerates the new formula. His pnuemonia must be clearing and I am thankful. Glad you were able to get acquainted at the NICU. So looking forward to the day that Isaac's transfer happens. So it is back to Ohio on Thursday. I know that you are happy to go and see Isaac but sad that it is necessary to leave home yet once again. Let's hope and pray that this will be your (Tiffany and Hannah's) final trip until you go down for the finalization of Isaac's adoption. I am chomping at the bit to see you all and meet my new Grandson. I will be coming to G.R. for afew days as soon as I have the okay. I still have Hannah's B'day card and presents. I love you all, xxxooo Mom and Nana. By the way, HI MAXI, Glad to know we are getting prayers from Germany!

nurse jen said...

I linked to your blog through Meghan's blog. I am praying for all of you. I (like Meghan) am a NICU nurse. I understand the UP's and DOWN's of the NICU life....hang in there! May God Bless you all. Isaac is very blessed to have such a wonderful family.
Sincerely,
Jen H.
Dublin OH

Anonymous said...

hey tiff, Devos childrens hospital is a wonderful place, Ethan was there a few times and the nurses are wonderful. It'll be great when Isaac can be closer, until then we will continue to keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers. Michelle and Ethan