Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Grand Rapids: Day Two


Isaac is officially off the oscillator (hopefully, although not definitely, for good). He's back on the ventilator and doing fairly well. He's getting 1cc of formula every 6 hours to see how his body tolerates it. I'm anxious to get back to Ohio to see him. I'm hoping when I get back, I'll be able to hold him again. They did warn us that once he's finished his course of steroids, he could lose some ground again. We're taking it one phone call at a time!


Hannah and I ran more errands today. We also played outside on the hammock. We took turns pushing each other--we were both laughing--it was fun. After Jason got home, we had spaghetti for dinner and then went for a walk. It was mostly a "normal" day. Except that we have a son in the NICU in Ohio. Weird.


Really, now is the easy part. There is a pretty big chance he'll come home on oxygen or with a feeding tube or who knows what else. I trust that God will prepare us for his homecoming. By the way, his due date is November 4. Crazy, huh?


I have to get to vacuuming.


'Til tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning,
Here it is 4:50 am. I woke up thinking about all of you and said a couple of brief prayers. Then decided to check this out as I was anxious to know what is going on.
We will be looking forward to a new picture of Isaac. It sounds like you and Hannah are having quite a time playing catch up with all of the errands. The swing sounds like fun. The pictures are wonderful of Hannah.

I guess I will lay down for a while and see if I can drift off again. Coffee about six.
Love Gram and Papa

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany! I was wondering if it was all right if I went to visit Isaac at the hospital. We have several families who have asked if they could do that to help you while you were away. Let me know what you think and how we get permission from the hospital to do so. Praying for your family. Sue McClain

Anonymous said...

One more thing, I also woke up extra early with you on my heart today like Gram and Papa did! It must be a special day of healing and growing for Isaac and comfort for you! Sue McClain

Katie said...

How exciting that Isaac is off the oscillator!!!!! What a big step. Hopefully he continues to do well and you're able to hold him when you get back tomorrow!

Katie Barber

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

What can we stock you up on for your return to Ohio? Do you need things while you are here (laundry soap, groceries, etc)?

I love the pictures of Hannah; she definitely has her Mommy's smile!

Enjoy your time at home; Isaac will soon be home, too. It sounds like he's getting excellent attention and will be sprouting up any day now.

Katie Miller
Dalton, OH
mrscavsfan@gmail.com