Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Grand Rapids: Day Three

Well, if we leave in the morning as planned, we'll be on the road at 4am. Are you laughing? I am. No, really, it would work better for Hannah to have a few hours of sleep on the road, stop for breakfast and then only have about 2 hours left. We'll see what happens when the alarm goes off at 3:30.

Isaac again, did well today. It sounds like today is the last day of his steroids, so we'll see how his week finishes. I'm hoping to hold him tomorrow. Our little buddy, buddy. I still haven't bought him anything. I've looked, though. Every time I go to Target, I look. I'm very excited to see him. Jason will be down on Friday around 5pm. We'll all be together for a few days--we're looking forward to that.

Some of you have asked about Isaac's pictures. The agency in Ohio requested we remove them and not post any more due to privacy issues. We are awaiting their go-ahead to re-post them. It could be days or months. This is part of the difficult process of adoption and the reality that we have absolutely no rights. He is our son in our hearts, but not on paper.

Hannah and I went to Beaner's today. It was delicious. I had a Grande Iced Carmel Marvel. Just typing it makes me want another one. Hannah had her usual whipped cream. She sat in this big overstuffed chair and ate it with a spoon. She's just adorable. She also had her 2-year checkup today. She weighed a whopping 24 pounds. And she talked up a storm to the doctor--no worries about her verbal skills!

All right, well, I need to finish packing and cuddle with my hubby before I head out tomorrow.

Next time I blog, I'll have seen Isaac again!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are still taking a nap and catching up on your sleep. I can't wait to come down and see you all tomorrow. It sure will be nice when all I have to do is come home from work to see my family!

I love you,
Jason

Amy Noel said...

Hello Evans Family,

Love the photo of the water and trees by the way...what beautiful place was that taken in?? Good news about Isaac. I will look forward to seeing him again on the computer. I am in Holland now--guess we just missed each other! Hannah is adorable as always. Hope you are able to get some rest from your early trip down there. I miss you!
Love, Amy (and Bryan, Eli and Silas)

Anonymous said...

I wan't laughing at the 4am part. I was laughing at the "as planned" part. Nothing every goes as planned. Have a safe trip back to Ohio. -Sherry

Anonymous said...

I like the others am wondering how the 4:am trip went. Did Hannah co-operate with MOMs plans? I certainly hope so.

I am looking forward to tonights post to see how Isaac is doing and if you were able to hold him. Sorry that you cannot post pictures but apparently rules are rules. At least we know the answer at this point in time.
Papa's eye surgury went well today.

Lots of Love, Gram and Papa