Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Little Relief


This morning after showers and Waffle House, we went to church at RiverTree Christian Church. It's nice to have a "home" church so far away from our own church family. Their adoption ministry, Born in Our Hearts, has offered so much help. They also raised money to help pay for our rental car. What a blessing! Thank you very much for taking care of us. Everyday we've been reminded of our community of believers who have come around and supported us.


After church, we headed to the hospital to check-in on Isaac. His oxygen concentration levels were down and his xrays were looking better so we made the decision to head back to Grand Rapids together. The doctor and nurse assured us that if something did happen while we were gone, that he would never be alone. I know he is in God's care and that's what is most important. It was a tearful goodbye but I knew it was the right decision.


So...we're home!! We did stop at Ikea on the way, it was crazy busy. I got the few things I'd been wanting and we were back on the road. We surprised Jason's dad, who has been staying here taking care of the pets all weekend. He was greeted by Hannah, running at him, yelling, "Papa! Papa!" It was sooo sweet. Our neighbors came over and hugged us and said it was good to see us home for a few days. I never knew it would feel so good to walk into my house. It definitely needs a good cleaning, but I'll work on that tomorrow! We already have a play date scheduled with Hannah's best friend in the morning, right after breakfast.


One more thing. I'm planning a beading party for this Wednesday, August 15th at 7pm at my house in Grand Rapids. It's been on my calendar for some time and since I'm here, I'm moving ahead with it. Our goal is to make jewelry to sell at a craft fair in November to raise money for our adoption, another family's adoption and a birth family (we've been praying that God would reveal the families we should help support). So, if you want to help, you can join us at my house or you can make some jewelry on your own and get it to us. Starting next year, all of the proceeds will go to other families with the hope of someday, raising enough money, to fund a family's entire adoption and give a birth family a very nice gift.


On the way home, we kept talking about how great it will be to have Isaac here, at home, with us. It doesn't even seem real yet, everything that's happening. It's like two separate realities. I'm as at ease as I can be, so far away from my new son, because I know the staff at Aultman are taking good care of our little boy. And, to the wonderful family we're staying with...sorry we left with only a note! Hannah was already asking about you! Thank you for making your home, ours. We plan to return to Ohio on Thursday.


Jason is about to call and check in on our little buddy and then we're heading off to B-E-D!


Good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are home in your own bed tonight and you will be continuing to keep with some of your pre-made plans. Seperation is difficult especially if you are the parent. It is that helpless feeling where you realize that you are never in control of everything. I feel that same way. I love you all. I too am tired tonight. xxxooo Mom and Nana

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you made the decision to go home for a few days. I can't know how it feels to be home and not by Isaac. I have never walked in your shoes. In two days he will have made it a month. Praise The Lord and all of His mercies.

Off to another dr appt. this morning. Just routine, got my laundry going as it is Monday!!

We will talk to you again later.
Love Gram and Papa

Hummel Family said...

Glad you made it home safe!

I KNOW ISsac is in good hands! I love that hospital.