Saturday, August 11, 2007

Our Third Saturday in Canton, OH

I've been telling the nurses I have only one complaint: I wasn't in love with the quilt on Isaac's isolette (each baby has a quilt that covers their isolette--keeps the light and sound out and gives it a homey look). Well, today, a new batch of quilts came in and Isaac got a new one!! Thank you to Tiny Hugs and Stitches for making quilts for all our babies!!

Jason brought Hannah up to the hospital earlier today while I took a nap. Thanks, honey. After visiting with Isaac for a bit, they had a Daddy/Daughter date in the hospital cafeteria complete with a strawberry smoothie and a rice krispy treat. Jason said she loved it. Of course she did. It wasn't carrots or potatoes or any kind of green vegetable. I'm glad they had some time together and I enjoyed a few hours by myself.

We're still unsure if I should travel back to MI this week. It's difficult to know what to do. Stay or go. Our nurse tonight reassured us that if something did happen when we were not in town, he would never be alone. I know that, but I would feel terrible if one of us were not here when he died. It probably sounds a little morose that I keep talking about him dying. But he is critical. And his status could get worse very quickly. It's reassuring to know I'm only minutes away. But I would like to come home for a few days. Hannah would like it. Jason would like it. We'll be making our decision tomorrow or Monday. Jason's trying to tempt me with Ikea. He says that if I decide to come home with him, we can stop and I can shop a bit. We'll see.

We had a very nice dinner with the couple we're staying with and some of their extended family. Lots of laughing and joking around. It was relaxing and fun. On the menu: corned beef, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, a neat kind of coleslaw that was very good, baklava and cake. It was delish.

I'm going to cut it short tonight. We're both pretty tired and just want to relax a bit. Heading off to church in the morning and then a relaxing day around the house and hospital.

Nighty night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo..first on the list to commetn today :) I know what you men by "not being there" should something happen. But then again...Nothing might be happening as well. You sure need some rest and the nurses will be there for Isaac. I don't really know how long the drive home is, bu you could go for just like two days. That way you have some time off and won't be gone too long.

Do I even make sense here? Probably not...caffeine and only three hours of sleep don't do me any good...

Thinking about you...
Maxi

Anonymous said...

Hi to the "whole" family. Needless to say I cannot tell you what to do or can I say what is best, but you Tiff need some down time!! As your Gram I know you well enough to know that you are stressed out! Let all of us pray that Isaac will be fine while you go home for a few days. You "all" need it. Isaac is in the hands of "JESUS" and needless to say HE will make the decisions as to what will happen. None of us can make these decision but Christ Himself.
We have to trust HIM!!

Lots of Love, Gram and Papa

Michele Nolte said...

Our prayers are with All of you daily.
In Christ Love, Michele and Ron Nolte

Subject: Prayer

Each and everyone one of us are going through tough times right now, but God is getting ready to bless you in a way that only He can. Keep the faith.

My instructions were to pick four people that I wanted God to bless, and I picked you. Please pass this to at least (4) people you want to be blessed and a copy back to me.

This prayer is powerful, and prayer is one of the best gifts we receive.
There is no cost but a lot of rewards. Let's continue to pray for one another.

The prayer:

Father, I ask You to bless my friends, relatives and those that I care deeply for, who are reading this right now. Show them a new revelation of your love and power. Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to their spirit at this very moment. Where there is pain, give them your peace and mercy. Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence through your grace. Where there is need, I ask you to fulfill their needs. Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings. In Jesus' precious name. Amen.


(If the Lord lays upon
your heart to send this to more than four people, you are truly blessed.)

Hummel Family said...

Oh, I hope you can go home for a little bit! I will be praying hard for little Issac. I pray he comes out of this critical state. I am sure it makes you very nervous every time you call or visit him. I pray God would heal him and give him comfort!!