Friday, August 10, 2007

A little rest for mom




I decided that I would take a shot at blogging and give Tiffany a little break. If you don't like my post, don't worry, Tiffany will be back at it tomorrow. Anyway, I arrived in Canton around 4:30 p.m. today. Surprisingly, it feels more like home being down here with my family then it does being back in Grand Rapids without them. It was great walking into our "new" home and being greeted by Tiffany and Hannah. A young women from our church who is living with us in GR, is also down here. After I arrived we all went to visit Isaac for a few minutes and then went to dinner. Our "nanny" is watching Hannah right now, so Tiffany and I are alone with Isaac at the hospital.


Isaac is a lot bigger today then he was when I last saw him on Sunday. In fact, he is now 3lbs 1oz. His weight and size is somewhat deceptive, however, because a lot of it is merely a result of retaining fluids. He seems to be doing fairly well today, and we are hoping that his pneumonia has finally clearing up. It can be frustrating to watch his condition continue to fluctuate--one day we are up and the next day were down. I guess this is just part of marathon we have before us. We must lean on each other and rely on God to make it through. God has really challenged me during the last four or five months--losing Moriah, my Mom, and now Isaac's situation--to rely more on him and less on myself. You realize just how small you are in comparison to God, and more importantly, how much you need him when your life takes so many unexpected and difficult turns.


I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you reading this post for your prayers and kindness. I have been amazed at the outpouring of love and support for our family. God has placed a lot of great people in our lives.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetheart! Yes I mean you Jason... your post is most awesome, of course. But you are always present!! I miss all of you so much. I love the pictures and the fact that you are all together again. I am so happy that you have a home away from home. Thank you so much for being the wonderful husband and father that you are. (I know that is repetitive) but it is always worth saying over and over again. I am so proud of both of you. I love Hannah with all my heart and now I share that same love with my new grandson Isaac. Bring him home soon, My love to you all,Mom (Nana)

Anonymous said...

See, it wasn't so bad for a blogging attempt :) Nah, it was actually quite nice...

Anyway...It's great to hear that Isaac is doing a little better than before.

You guys are so awesome. And yes, I will repeat that in every other post or so. You just hang in there. and in no time you will be able to take your little boy home with you.

Maxi

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog every single day and praying for you all every night. I'm glad to hear that Isaac is gaining a little bit of weight. I can't imagine what you all are going through. I just want you to know that we're thinking of all 4 of you and wishing for Isaac's strength to continue to grow. We hope to see all of you soon!
Love-Rachel and Tony

Amy Noel said...

Hello Evans fam, So good to hear from Jason. We continue to pray for all of you and especially for Isaac's health. We look forward to meeting the little guy!
love, Amy, Bryan, Eli and Silas

peace said...

It was so great to be with you all last night and this morning. I can't wait for all of us (icluding Isaac) to be together in Grand Rapids. He is just too cute...it was hard to peel my eyes away. Continuing to pray...Amanda.

Hummel Family said...

Jason- thanks for the updates! We are so happy to hear you made it back to Canton!

We are still praying...
JoEllen (and Fam)