Thursday, August 23, 2007

HOT


It is soooo hot and muggy today. A person can barely breathe outside--seriously.

Hannah's taking a nap and I'm packing up. Yep, we're headed home for a little under a week. I held Isaac this morning and sang Jesus Loves Me. I know he's always in God's care and always will be. No need to worry "extra" just because we're not here. But, I do anyway.

Thanks to your comments, I made an effort to talk with the staff at the hospital and we're changing gears, folks! Now we're asking for a hardwood floor! Or Pergo or whatever looks like wood?! No carpet in Isaac's room. We're also going to need to clean the carpet in the basement...we definitely can't afford to change the carpet down there.

I've been making a list of things I'll need to do when I go home. Really, this is the last length of time I'll be home before Isaac comes with us. Hannah and I will be home again for a short time in September, but have family obligations during that time so we will not be able to get anything done. Isaac will probably require more work than a full-term baby so I want to try to get caught up before he comes home. Getting the flooring done is the biggest issue since we can't do anything else (crib, dresser, etc) until that is finished. I figured I should get all of caught up on doctor/dentist appointments, too, that way, we'll just have Isaac's appointments for awhile. Jason was laughing while we were on the phone today because I'm so anal about scheduling and organizing. It helps me deal with stress--to plan and schedule and organize. I think it drives some of my friends nutty, too, that I'm always trying to plan and schedule. They all love me anyway. I think.

All right, well, I seriously need a shower and have to start packing. We'll be going out for dinner with our host family and then hitting the road around 7ish. We should be home by 1amish.

I'll talk to you tomorrow from good ol' Grand Rapids. BTW, the Polish Festival is going on this weekend downtown GR--we'll probably head down there--something fun to do. My grandpa came to America from Poland as a boy/teenager. I think that's kind of cool. Anyway, so Jason was telling me about the Polish Festival this weekend and that they were putting up the tents all wrong. HA HA HA. Funny guy.

Later gators!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One more thing to consider in readying your house - if it is an older home with forced air heat, having the ductwork cleaned may be worthwhile. It's not terribly expensive and the amount of stuff that comes out is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hi all my sweeties-Well, in reading your post(before I read the comments)I had already decided to give you my advice. Do not put any carpet if you are replacing old for new floors. You grew up in a household knowing what allergies can do. Please do not even think about "new" carpet as an answer. Honey...anything else!! The new carpets are so full of chemicals, plus the added influx of environmental and organic allergens...You know what we did in our home this last time. Keep it hard surfaces, especially because of the pets dandur and shedding. I do not normally give to much advice because you and Jason seem to always come up with what is best for your family, but on this one you know I have a lifetime of experience. Weather in North. Mich. is also hot and muggy but Ohio is usually worse. Your decision to keep Isaac there falls softly on my mind. I think you guys are wise and forward thinking (as usual)I will miss you all that much longer but that is okay by me!!!!It is in the family's best interest all the way around. Tell Hannah that I would still like her to work on a drawing, and give her a hug and kiss from me. Jason and Tiffany, words cannot express what I feel for the two of you. My love as always, Mom and Nana

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany,
I think that your decisions with Isaac seem to be the better for him and you guys. I know it seems to be a long road but in the big picture not so much:) I loved reading about your being so anal. I am right there with you...hence my being an event planner. My friends tend to make fun also but they love me too...lol. You do have a lot to do to get ready for Isaac's homecoming. God will bless you and keep you through it all.
Hope your drive is safe!
Blessings,Lynn

Anonymous said...

You know, I actually am glad that it's "just" hot over there. Yesterday in the news they said that the midwest is alsmost completely under water. I was worried...

But hey, I am glad you're okay and organizing :D Just for the record: Yeah, we do love you...especialy with all your weird little hobbies...

Love yas!
Maxi

Anonymous said...

HI TIFFANY SORRY I DIDNT GET TO SEE YOU BEFORE YOU LEFT.GLAD EVERYTHING IS LOOKING UP. HOPE TO SEE YOU WHEN YOU RETURN