Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Papework, Paperwork



Since I have a few minutes, I thought I'd blog, now.

I spent a couple hours at the hospital this morning. If Isaac stays healthy and on track, as soon as our adoption paperwork to take him to MI is complete, he will be able to be transferred to Grand Rapids. In my mind, I'm hoping for 3 weeks from tomorrow. All of this requires a lot of involvement from a lot of people and organizations. I can't stand that I'm completely out of the loop. I'm trying to do as much legwork as I can, but it all comes down to a few key people doing their part. I'm trying to be patient but it's frustrating when "their" jobs end at say, 5pm, but my life is 24/7.

I also began to make calls about the actual transport from OH to MI. We're looking at at least $5,000. And that's for ground transport. I'm still waiting for a call from Isaac's doc to get the specifics on what kind of medical team he will require. Jason and I are trusting that God is going to provide the money needed to make this happen. We've trusted Him so far, and will continue to.

I've become quick friends with another mom in the NICU. She brings her baby girl home tomorrow. It's amazing to see her baby in clothes and drinking from a bottle. I hope I'm there tomorrow when she leaves. I'd like to say goodbye.

Still waiting to hear when we can post pics of Isaac, again. He's getting bigger! And his little back is hairy! It's really cute.

BTW, if you want me to specifically answer a question or email you, please use my email address: evanstm@msualum.com I can't privately reply to a comment. I hope that makes sense?! But, lovin' the comments! Keep 'em comin'!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Tiff!
I just wanted to say hi and that I check out your blog everyday...we are praying for you all. I'm so glad to hear that Isaac will hopefully be home within weeks! That is very exciting. Take care and keep your heads up. You will all be home before you know it.
With Love,
Carley & Dave

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Needless to say we are glad that things are looking up as to Isaac's transfer. We will pray that it can happen sooner than later and that the adoption is the same. It is hard to be patient all of the time. You are reacting very normally. Keep up the good work.
In time things will be back to "normal" whatever that is going to be. Diapers )2), bottles, feedings, etc. Just thinking about it makes me dizzy. I am glad it is you and not ME!!!! Of course age might have a little to do with it, Right Tiff!!

The Lord's blessing on all of you.
Gram and Papa "V"

Anonymous said...

Hi my family, The doctor's response to Isaac's transfer sounds extremely positive, these are the kind of statements we have all been waiting for and will continue to pray for. Paperwork, paperwork, I cannot imagine, especially with an out-of state adoption. I am sure that it is at least double the work, if not more. It is fortunate that Jason has a handle on the "legalize" part of it. This is one area where the two of you are some steps ahead (understanding all of the lingo)of other adoptive couples. I do so much miss the pictures of Isaac. It has to be so wonderfully exciting to see him grow and mature. The last trimester in utero is when our little buddy would be really be sprouting. I am so glad that you are able to witness some of these significant changes, we all celebrate them with you. As always, my love to you all with kisses and hugs included. Tell Hannah that Nana would love to have a picture that she could draw. Tell her I will come and get it when I come to visit at her house. Hopefully that will be soon. I miss you all, Mom and Nana

Anonymous said...

Tiff, If you haven't already, give Aunt Nancy a call about the plane flight for Tony. She may be able to get some info regarding pilots that do the same in Ohio. I am sure that there is "somebody who knows somebody" Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffany!
Lunch was really nice today... It was great getting out of that room for a little while. To have an actual convo w/ someone that wasnt a MD or Rn was sooo refreshing! Thank you again! I truly hope I can see you again tomorrow before we leave! I keep you in my thoughts & prayers... I know Isaac will pull through! He is so cute! Looking at him reminds me of where we were months ago.. Who knows maybe someday he'll play for Mich. & Abbie can cheer against him at OSU! hahaha Keep in thouch! Hope to see you tomorrow!
With Love,
Carlee

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff,
i just saw this report on TV called "Little Heroes" And they showed this little girl who was born 14(!) weeks early. The doctors didn't give her much chance of surviving but she's still here :) I had to think of little Isaac immediately. He will manage. He's such a great boy. And a "little hero" :)

Love, Maxi

Anonymous said...

Evans Family
We are glad to hear that Isaac might go home soon. We are very excited for all three of you. Breakfast without seing Hannah is lonely. We hope you will stop in before Isaac's journey home. Best wishes.

Jennifer and the McKinley Grand Staff

Anonymous said...

Hey, it looks like the staff at the inn where you stayed is keeping in touch, that is wonderful

You have so many people that are praying for all of you and so many that do not even know you. It is amazing and I just Praise The Lord for all of that. We all do not know the actual Power of PRayer. None of us will realize it until we are with the Lord. When that will be is not a issue. It is what we do here and today that is important. How we bless those who bless us and how we respond to those that do not. It is how we pray for those that need prayer that do not have anyone praying for them.

Needless to say all of you have so many prayers and "thanks" to those that do pray for you. You cannot comprehend the "thanks" from us.

Gram and Papa "v"