Wednesday, October 17, 2007






Isaac is the same. His eye doctor stopped in today to see how he was doing. I was already gone but he told the nurse Isaac's eyes looked good. He said it's too soon to know what kind of vision or lack thereof he will have.

Our flowers look beautiful in our room. Hannah wanted to smell them first thing this morning.

Jason is supposed to come down tomorrow but his car started doing some strange things and the check engine light came on (this is our good car). So, we'll see if he can get it in to the mechanic tomorrow just in case it's a big issue and he shouldn't drive it here. God is good all the time. And all the time, He is good.

I appreciate all the kind words of encouragement you've been sending our way. If I miss personally responding, I apologize. If a comment is made directly to the blog, I can't respond because blogger doesn't allow it. So! Thank you all, every single person, because you are really what's keeping me sane and that in turn keeps my family sane. I asked Jason what he needed and besides meals, he said whatever I needed to make me happy. What a great guy, huh? He's got a lot going on and work is never-ending. Hannah and I are very excited to see him (if he can still come).

I'm posting some pics of our newest home-away-from-home. And, of course, my sleeping (older) baby.

I bought a word-search book today so I think I'm going to go do some mindless thinking. I don't think that really makes sense, does it?!

Good Night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I havent gotten a chance to really "connect" with Jason through this blog thing he sounds absolutely amazing.
His comment about "what ever makes you happy" brought tears to my eyes. It must be so difficult for you 2 to be so far away from each other during such a trying time in your life.
The flowers are beautiful and so is your older sleeping baby in the pic. :)
I pray its nothing serious going on with Jason's car so he can make that trip to visit this weekend. Whatever it is, its all in the big plan laid out for us.
Bless you all! Sleep well, and dream sweet.
Jodi

Anonymous said...

I am praying that if Jason's car needs attention some neighbor / friend / relative is called to lend him a car for the trip - your family needs the chance to be together, to share your strength and support each other in person; both you and Hannah look so tired in recent pictures - try to find respite and joy each day. As hard as your path is now, find joy in the fact that you have been given the amazing opportunity to bring love to this tiny boy. I wish I could be in Ohio, loving on Hannah and doing mom things for you. I pray each day that your path gets easier and the awareness of God's love stays present in your heart.

Anonymous said...

Good morning to all of our beautiful grandchildren and of course those beautiful "greats".
It is a cloudy rainy day here but I will be inside most of the time so it does not matter. We do need the rain.
It sounds like things are going along okay from your end. "Try" and keep your spirits up and of course it is easier said than done at times. As I have said before and will probably say again there are so "MANY" of us out here that are praying for "ALL" of you. We will pray that they start feeding Isaac next week and he will start doing better. I agree with you if we had to go without eating as long as he has we would be cranky to. Have a great day!! Lots of Love Gram and Papa

Rachel said...

Hi Tiff! It's been a long, long time since we've seen each other but I came to your site via myspace and wanted to send you a message to let you know that I am starting to pray for all four of you. You're right - God is good all the time, all the time, all the time. You are courageous and brave and inspiring me to be a better mother and follower of Christ in the big and little things. My hubby and I have two sweet boys who are 2 and 3 months and today I lingered watching Parker (my youngest) sleeping for a lot longer than I normally do. I'm thankful that my biggest challenge today has been overturned macaroni and cheese and 1 short tantrum. Your fight is not yours alone and while we don't know each other now, I believe that the Charlevoix girls have a special connection which means that if we have time, I'm sure we could catch up really fast. Anyway, take care today and just know that you have a new prayer warrior on board. Love to your family, Rachel (Newcomb) Udy

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Well it looks like storms are coming so I am going to turn my computer off for tonight. I will see you in the morning.

Love ya, Gram

Anonymous said...

Hi, I see the pictures made it to the "new home" haha. My miscarrige has been definitly confirmed after a second and third ultrasound. (if I didn't already tell you that). We are hot on the adoption trail again. One inquirey we made through a referral service turned out to be through your agency. Yikes! I'm getting discouraged after so many inquiries and rejection. Ugh!
Well your buddy is getting big. I cannot wait for those pictures when you bring him home. I wish I could do more from here! -Sherry