Monday, October 29, 2007






Isaac's surgery is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday. Once we talk with the surgeon and get more detailed information about the procedure, I'll let you know. Jason is planning on coming down late tomorrow night. If Isaac has the surgery this week and if it goes well and if he begins to recover nicely, I'll be heading home sometime this weekend or early next week. We'll see what happens.

Isaac's pic line came out last night and then his peripheral IV came out today. Since he is dependent on IV nutrients, this is bad. Because he has absolutely no veins left in the rest of his body, they put his new peripheral in his head. It's so discouraging to see my buddy buddy with this thing in his head. They are likely going to put in a surgical IV called a Broviac when he has his intestinal surgery. He received another blood transfusion this evening and will get platelets before his surgery.

Hannah and I carved her little pumpkin today...other than that, pretty normal around here. I think I'm going to turn in early tonight. Thank you for your kind comments and words of encouragement. Always excited to read them.

Love.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picutres of you and your little pumpkins have been so precious over the last couple of days! I pray that as you look back on this experience years from now these sweet memories come to mind so much stronger than the difficult ones!

Deanna said...

Tiffany,

Loved these pictures of you and Isaac. Your love for your "little buddy" is so evident.... it melts my heart to see these pics.

Thank you for sharing your journey, and know that many continue to pray for your family!
Deanna
Warsaw, Indiana

Hummel Family said...

I am glad I DIDN'T call you back...you mentioned you were going to turn in early. Please feel free to call me again tomorrow or email me a time I can call you. I'd love to answer any questions you have. Do you know if Issac will have to have an ostimy bag like Maylee did? Just curious.

PRAYING!

I hope you can get a good night of sleep.

Love
JoEllen

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Ohmigosh! The pictures of all 3 of you are making me cry. I really miss you guys and wish I could be there for you more. I feel so bad for the little buddy having to get a new line in his sweet little head, though.... We'll be praying on Wed. and hope for great success and a little boy who can finally eat something! (Ice cream??? HA!)

Anonymous said...

My friend, Lindsey, just told me about your blog today. We will keep you all in our prayers!!

Issac is so precious! I will pray that his surgery goes well. And Hannah is absolutely beautiful! What a beautiful family you have.

Hummel Family said...

Tiffany, so good to talk to you! I will be praying for you tomorrow as you get more info about Issac's surgery. I'll keep up to date on your blog. I pray you can sense God's peace this week.

I wanted to point out something. Maybe you already noticed this. Look at the 2nd picture of this post...enlarge it to full size...look in the mirror of Issac's mobile. All you see is Mommy's finger with Baby Issac's hand clinging to it! AMAZING! He has such a wonderful Mommy!!

Goodnight!

Anonymous said...

The pictures of all of you are wonderful and I am loving them. All my hopes and prayers for Wednesday. Hope that you guys can take a respite to "home" soon. Love Mom(Nana)