Saturday, November 17, 2007

I think that pic below is my favorite so far of Isaac. His nurses call him an old man. He pretty much is! Anyway, he went from 1 ml to 1.5 ml today. Not much but better than nothing. I visited with him for a short time this afternoon and took him a couple toys I bought. He's now also moving into newborn size clothes--preemie clothes are on their way out.

Hannah and I hit up the mall this morning for some play time, train ride and a few stores for Mom. Our Ohio Grandma came this afternoon while I visited Isaac.

Probably gonna take it easy tomorrow, too. It's been a long time since we've been home and I'm starting to get a little depressed and short-tempered (like that's unusual?!). I'm really hoping we can transfer him by mid December. I'd love to have him home for Christmas but I don't see him sleeping in his crib at home until January. We'll see. There's always room for miracles...right Gram?!

Jason will be here late Tuesday. I can't wait.

I'm really going to try to go to bed early tonight. Love to all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's always space for a miracle. You remember what I told you about snow when I was staying for a year? I was kinda depressed on Friday. Don't know why. But then it started snowing and I smiled immediately. So, long story short: GOD has time to create millions of little snowflakes. And he send them our way. And if he has time for those small miracles he'll have time for Isaac as well.
Or something along those lines XD You get my point, right?

Gotta go to bed. It's already 3:15 a.m. and I really need some sleep.

Love, Maxi

Anonymous said...

Moving up on the MLs, this is a good thing. I am sure that Jason is proud that his "big" boy is finally stepping up to the plate (the dinner plate that is!) I am sure that Jason will be feeding him burgers and dogs off the grill as soon as he can!. I miss talking to you Jason!... I love you and the rest of the family.

Hope your three wanderers are home with you soon. Love, Mom Lisa

Anonymous said...

You bet there are always miracles that we can count on. My bet is he will be in his crib by Christmas. Just going from 1 to 1.5 mls is a miracle that we all have been waiting for. Keep the faith and don't let things get you down. I know that is easier said than done but as I have said before you need to make it happen for yourself. God is no respecter of persons and as He is here for all of us He is here for you. Lots of Love, Gram

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiff....I like that pic of Isaac too. I don't know when I've seen bigger eyes on a baby. He must get that from you and
Gram :-) Also I like that one of you holding Isaac behind the glass and Hannah is on outside and it looks like Isaac is reaching out for Hannah.....so cute. Real cute pic of you too. Sounds like Isaac is making real good progress. Hope you get him home soon....Love ya...Aunt Wilma

Hummel Family said...

YAY for no preemie clothes,that means we are growing! But sad he didn't get to enjoy Jakobi's hand-me-downs.

Keep growing buddy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiff and family,
It looks like Issac is making great progress. What a difference from his birth picture!
He's a cutie..
We think of you often and continue to pray for Issac's healthy move to Michigan soon.
Take care.
Love,
Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

You do not know me, but i have been reading your blog for a while now ( not real sure how i found it). But what i want to tell you is that my daughter is also on Elecare....and boy it does cost lots of money!! But our local WIC department gives us up to 10 cans a month....THANK GOD!! That is equal to $429.90. I just wanted to let you know that you could get SOME help in that way. Also I pray daily for you and your family.