Sunday, November 18, 2007



Isaac moved up to 2ml today. Yippee! I only got to see him for about 1 minute because the activity room was closed again. As he is awake more and more, it gets more frustrating that I'm seeing him less and less. Little buddy buddy.

Hannah, Mateo and the two of us moms went to the Children's Museum today. The kids had a lot of fun and we were happy to see them laughing and running around.

Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. Oh yeah! We didn't have pasta tonight! A group came in and made homemade subs. They were delish!!! It was very yummy. Oh, and Pepsi, too. I love Pepsi.

Jason finished up the yard work this weekend. There are still many more leaves to fall, but as of today it's leaf free and mowed. Maxi, rememeber when we raked together and you jumped in the leaves?! That was fun!

**********************************

Look out, here come some more requests for help!!

IF Isaac continues to advance on his feedings and IF DeVos Children's Hospital has a bed available, Isaac will likely be transferred to Grand Rapids in 2-3 weeks. Due to this move, we will have new needs arising. At this point, (as far as we can tell) there are not many people in Grand Rapids who are aware of our situation--most of you hail from Ohio!! If you know someone in the greater Grand Rapids area who you can share our blog with, please do. Also, If you are able to help in the areas below, please contact me at the email address in the side bar on the right.

--Child care for Hannah. I can't be sure our current schedule will work in Grand Rapids, but my best guess for a time is 8:30am-12:15pm, Monday-Friday through the middle of January. I would prefer the NE side of Grand Rapids or my home so it's a short drive to the hospital and back.

--Another computer project...not related to Isaac's move, but a need nonetheless! This involves a lot of ink and paper!

--We are still prayerfully looking for a "Grand Rapids Grandma and Grandpa."

--A Grand Rapids babysitter. In our home. $5/hour. Must be 16 or older and have own transportation. This sitter will be for appointments and the off chance Jason and I can get out before Isaac comes home. (Since we've been in Ohio, both of our sitters and our emergency sitter have moved away).

--It needs to be done so it's worth asking...I have a very simple sewing project that needs to be finished.

--Does anyone know for sure where I can buy the old kind of roll-up plastic/vinyl window shade? And, how do they attach? If so, let me know. I've checked Target, but that's it.

Allright, I better go before I ask someone to clean my toilet, too, huh?!

Thanks a bunch, everyone.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the shades... go to Lowes.com and search "roller shades". There are a bunch of options there. Some of them come with mounting hardware, some of them say it's sold separately - but I'm sure the Lowe's folks can hook you up!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

I too have the vinyl roll up shades- they came with this house. I thought I'd hate them - I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!! I LOVE them!!!!! Easy up and down and completely room darkening- awesome!
I was a bit disappointed to see the times you need someone to watch Hannah, I'm at work everyday 'til 11:30 staring Mon. after Thanksgiving.... I was looking forward to lots of Hannah time, boo hoo. Guess I'll just have to steal her after lunch time and let her a Zeke have a good time!!!!

Hummel Family said...

We bought our light blocker shades from Jcpenney.com. We had them up and running by the time the babies came home. So nice. They really are reasonable in price too. The hardware (and of course directions) come with them too.

Hope you can find that special sitter! They sure will be nice for you guys as you take Isaac to all of his fun doc apt's! and this will be great for Hannah! I will be praying!!

Anonymous said...

Of course I remember our leaf-day...especially cali jumping into the pile when we hid some treats in there :P

I'd love ot help, you know that...So if I actually CAN do anytihng for you. Let me know :)

I am trying to see what I can do about sharing your blog with GR people. I'm on it.

And I am glad that Isaac is doing so well. So you finally can take a family picture of the four of you together. I need one for my photo wall :)

Love, Maxi

Deanna said...

If you actually go directly to Lowe's, they can custom cut the roll-up shades to fit your windows, too.

Anonymous said...

Sounds as though things are on the up and up, including Isaac! We all love the great news. Great pictures of the kids. Lowes or Home Depot can take care of the shades as said previously.

Start talking to your neighbors about childcare. Maybe they have family or friends or sitters. Talk to your church so that they can canvas thier family and friends and sitters. Maybe you have done this.

Talk to high school counselors, high school work programs, Maxi's friends and their sisters.

I will check with my friend Jenn to see if she has contacts in G.R. and I will keep thinking. Best I can do.

My love to all. Mom (Nana)

Jane said...

I can sew...but I am in SC, anything I can do for you from here????

So Praising Jesus for Isaac's health and eating! I'm praying for his move to be before Christmas!!! Yes, please Jesus!!

Oh how I wish I knew someone in GR to help you with your child care!!!

Sheryl Kenoyer said...

I cannot remember how I found your blog - but I'm an every day visitor now. I am so thankful for little buddy's progress and 2ml is awesome! I'm in Virginia - and it made me sad because I'd love to audition for the part of GR grandma. I have a grandson in Kansas who is 2 now and I'm here to tell you - its the best job in the world! Anyway - since I cannot do anything physically for you, I will continue to be a prayer warrior for your entire family, and especially for baby Isaac. Home for Christmas sounds wonderful! Blessings to your family!

Anonymous said...

I can Sew and I live in the Grand Rapids area.
Please let me know what you need done.

Ally

tjaksv (at) yahoo (dot) com