Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hannah wanted DADDY to paint her toenails!



Can you find the baby?


The problem with not blogging for almost a week is that there are so many things I want to share, but when I sit down at the computer I can't remember one of them!

Isaac had a couple doctor's appointments the end of last week all with good news. He's progressing very well. He weighed 8 pounds 14 ounces at the pediatricians office. She's thinking maybe in February we'll ditch the 22 calorie formula. What this means is that it's the same formula, just less concentrated. We don't want him getting too chubby! According to a "normal" 2 month old, he'd be in the 3rd percentile for weight right now...isn't that interesting...doing great for a preemie but if he were full term we'd be in big trouble!

Before I forget, a big SHOUT out to my best friend in the whole world, Amy! Tomorrow is her 30th birthday!!!! Love ya, Amy! We're making plans to visit them in Colorado over the 4th of July. Check out their blog at Bryan and Amy Dik.

Our "old" babysitter, who moved out of the neighborhood, and her roommate, volunteered to babysit the kids last night so Jason and I could go out. Thank you, Colleen and Rebecca, what a special treat! I showered, threw on my good jeans, a clean shirt, a necklace and blew dry my hair. Seriously, all of that was a big deal! We went to Boston's (we had a coupon), returned cans at Meijer and went to Target and bought Jason some white T-shirts and Hannah some UNDERWEAR.

Yep, my little girl is really loving this toilet thing. So, we decided to move to undies during the day. She's so proud of herself. And we're so proud of her. Funny thing, though (though not at the time). It was like Friday afternoon, I think, and I had just sat down to start feeding my screaming infant when Hannah proudly announces she pooped. This means I need to promptly wipe a butt and dump a "bowl" of poop. I take the bottle out of Isaac's mouth, allowing him to let out a huge scream and proceed to help Hannah. And just as I'm bending down to wipe her rear end, Isaac pukes on my shoulder. I thought of my resume and wondered how to capture this particular experience.

Any suggestions?? This will make for fun comment reading. Please, enlighten me. Who knows, maybe I'll even add your creative wording to my resume...

I've also been spending a lot of time on Until Journey's End. Check out the blog for our most recent update!

Jeannie, my friend from RMDH just called to tell me that our dear friend, Clinton, died over the weekend. We are unsure of the exact cause but it sounds like it had something to do with an asthma attack. Shocking, sad news. Clinton was the LIFE of the RMDH. He was a father to all our children whose dads couldn't be there on a daily basis. He made us laugh and smile. He WAS RMDH of Cleveland. I'm relieved to know (as much as anyone can know about someone else) that he was a Believer and now lives for eternity with Jesus. Praise the Lord!

With that sobering news, I'm going to sign off. Tomorrow, send some snail mail to someone who has made a positive difference in your life. If you wait until Tuesday, it might be too late.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

certainly qualifies as multitasking in an ever changing environment.

Jane said...

now how can I be funny with the news about Clinton!?! Praise God he is free from the pain and crud of this crazy world. I pray that God will provide another "clinton" for the RMH... I'm sure he will be greatly missed.

Okay..I have a suggestion for your resume... you are a waste management manager!

Anonymous said...

Hey I love the waste management manager to cute!! A good laugh this morning.

Yes we missed your blogs but know that you are busy and you have other things to do other than entertain us with all of your "fun and games". Yes I know it is not all fun and games. Just hoping to make you smile when you see that.

Things here the same as usual Praise The Lord for that. Well time to get dressed and get something done around here. I have been slacking off lately.

Lots of Love, Gram and Papa

Gram said...

Hey there Jason, Papa wants to know what the idea is of wearing a Michigan sweat shirt!!!!!!! Traitor!!!

Love Grandpa V

Anonymous said...

As a mother of 4, soon to be 5, I've always been partial to the term "domestic crisis- management engineer". I actually HAVE that on my resume and I think it sums up most of my days pretty well :-)

Tiffany Evans said...

Gram,

Tell Papa good eye, but it's NOT a UofM shirt...NEVER in our house! Jason's arm is covering the "state."

That scared me for a minute!!

Love ya.

Amy Noel said...

Hey there, Tiff! Thanks for the birthday shout out, and for the wonderful call this morning to remind me of my age. :) I really appreciate our friendship and love reading your blog. I burst out laughing when I read the poop/throwing up saga. Classic! Congrats to little Hannah for being such a big girl with her potty training. Did I mention my son is 4 tomorrow and in pull ups?? Oh the joys of boys. Sorry to hear about Clinton--it is a joy to know he is with Jesus. Much love to you. Looking forward to the 4th of July!

Anonymous said...

You can share your stories about Clinton on the WikiPage the Destino's created:

http://clintonstories.pbwiki.com/

Anonymous said...

You are not afraid to get your hands dirty to get the job done?

You are used to cleaning up others messes without complaint?

You're used to a crappy job with low pay? LOL -Sherry

Gram said...

Hey there the ring finger looks like it "might" be covering up the State part of the shirt!! There is a little bit of white there!!! Love the response!! It is fun just to joke once in a while and everyone loves it.