Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My dad and Hannah. The UofM visual implies NO endorsement of any kind. We bleed green and white. My dad on the other hand...at least it's basketball season and our football coach is on the up and up...ha ha...


My mom and Isaac.


Gram and the kiddos. Look at those silly faces!


Papa and Isaac.


The tent we made and slept in. Ever sleep on concrete? Feels good.



Honestly, it's becoming more and more difficult to find time/desire to blog, here. For a few reasons:

--Life is busy! Every parent can understand that, right?! Early in the morning I check everyone else's blogs and after the kids are in bed, I'm a zombie.

--There are other things I'm focusing my free time on. I will be volunteering at the RMDH here in Grand Rapids within the next month. Only a few days a month to begin with, but another priority just the same. I feel very strongly about giving back to RMDH and meeting and caring for the families, there. I'm also very focused on Until Journey's End and Three Voices. Mostly, getting gift packages out and figuring out how to meld the two orgs together. I cannot stand to let either one go, so I'm prayerfully trying to figure it all out.

There are still many of you who follow our blog and I LOVE that. I just feel like our life is so....boring now! I feel like I don't have much to say. There are so many blogs that I follow that people seem to have these AWESOME daily "journals," I just can't get into that, folks. It's also difficult to say some things I want to say, sometimes, because this is my REAL LIFE. Not that "Ohio" wasn't, but it's different, now. It's much easier for me to take negative comments to heart when I reveal very personal things about my life as a wife and mom "in the thick of it." All that to say, I apologize if I'm not as transparent as I have been?! It's purposeful. And I'm not sure how to change that. Or if I want to.

Besides, I'd rather have ALL OF YOU checking UJE everyday, instead!

***********************

Our visit with Gram and Papa was wonderful. We had a great time, as you can see from the photos. I love to see Gram and Papa's eyes light up when we visit. Hannah kept wanting Papa to pick her up...I don't think she realizes he's a GREAT Grandpa and is older than her Papa. We (Jason, Hannah and I) made and slept in a tent on the floor. Can you say BACK PAIN? And I'm not even 30, yet!!!

We also visited my parents, Mike and Patty. We had a great visit and Grandma Patty (who has been an elementary school teacher for over 30 years and now teaches preschool) had a lot of fun reading and playing with Hannah. I know Hannah's a little smarty, but it makes me feel good when others notice too...especially a preschool teacher!!!

Sidenote: Have I ever mentioned my parents are divorced? Don and Lisa (Bio mom and Step dad) live in Charlevoix, MI and Mike and Patty (Bio dad and Step mom) live in Grand Blanc, MI.

My view on my parents. I've never thought of my step parents as step parents. I've always felt like I've had 2 moms and 2 dads. I believe they've all contributed to who I am--and I'm proud of that. I love them all and each very much. I cannot imagine my life without each of them. I hate divorce, but I love the parents God has given me. All four of them!

Hannah's playing at the kitchen sink...I better go supervise...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Tiffany,

God Bless you and all you are trying to do. I started reading your blog shortly after you arrived in Ohio and check it daily. I look forward to your posts. So glad to see a pic of Gram and Papa. You can feel thier love for your family in thier comments. So sweet!!
As i mentioned in my email I am so excited to send you a box of goodies early next week so you can send more packages.

Stay strong girl - you are doing the right thing.

Amy

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

I love these pictures! The children just glow :-)
You sure can see the love between the kiddos and the grandparents; what a blessing for everyone.

Don't worry about being transparent. Just do what you can and post pictures or stories of how ridiculously cute your children are and we, you loyal readers/prayer warriors will just fine :-) Seriously, don't stress about it. We all understand.

When are you coming to Ohio for court? I'd like to join you at your ceremony to rejoice in your finalization.

Katie,
Mom to three boys with bad cases of CABIN FEVER

PS: Negative comments... Grrrrr. We need a vaccine for trolls

Gram said...

Yes we had a wonderful visit with the grandkids and the great grandkids. Especially meeting Isaac for the first time. He was smaller than I expected from the pictures on here. BUT, he is so healthy looking. He loves to smile and of course "cry" when he wants attention and or being fed. Hannah was such a delight she let us know that she is the "big" sister and showed it over and over again. She and Papa "V" had a good time. Needless to say we enjoyed every minute of it. Yes they slept in a "tent" in the living room and Isaac had the bedroom to himself. Of course Mom and Dad had to pad the floor the second night!!!! Wimps!! Of course I would have had a hard time on the floor!!

Hey this little baby has went through so much and to see him at our home and to see how healthy he looks is wonderful. I have been following the Confessions of a CF patient and see what they are going through. We want to pray that Gwendelyn does not get NEC like Isaac had. It looks good right now. Praise The Lord, Jesus will intervien in this situation.

Lots of Love, Gram and Papa

Lizze said...

I love your blog! I don't care if you don't think your life is interesting. I'm thrilled just to see new pictures of the kids and to hear how great they are doing.

:p on the nay-sayers. They can go take a flying leap as far as I'm concerned. You, your family and your life has played a HUGE role in my life over the past few months...I don't know if you realize how much your life has impacted mine and what a change you've helped me make. The past few weeks would have been so much more difficult without you, your Gram (you so graciously share) and the change you've unknowingly helped me to bring about.

Thank you for everything. I love you and I'm eternally greatful.

Jane said...

I too love your blog...but am in the same winter blahs and don't feel exciting either.

I still LOVE your Gram. I have not had a Gram since I was in kindergarten, now almost 41 :( Thank you for sharing your Gram with me.
And it warms my heart knowing she is praying for Nate, Tricia and Gwyneth.

Hugs and prayers,
Jane